Band fitting Saturday 31st january

Posted , 7 users are following.

having it done at the spires in Solihull, nervous and excited at the same time.

i have only booked 2 days off work do you all think that's ok I can work from home rest of week ( desk job)

ย 

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I had my band fitted 2 weeks ago at the same hospital. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š they are brilliant. I have a desk job, but I took 2 weeks off to recover and I am glad I did.
    • Posted

I wish I could have more time off but no leave left ๐Ÿ˜ž

were you out the same day?

• Posted

stayed in over night. I think it's taken me longer to recover as I'm 53. The recovery was good and I'm back at work today. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š
    • Posted

I am 54 with high blood pressure so possibly might be in overnight?
    • Posted

Probably depend on time of op etc!

Although I was out of op by midday, but ended up staying in over night as I felt dizzy every time I stood up! I'm always like it after a general! I'm 23 with normal blood pressure x

• Posted

I have to be at the hospital for 7am so not sure what time l l am under the knife๐Ÿ˜ณ

l am normally ok after general anaestheticย 

ย 

• Posted

Wow that really isn't much time to recover! The anaesthetic will still be in your system slightly and you will be quite tired still!

I'm a nurse at a hospital and had 2 weeks off and there is noway I could of gone back much sooner than I did!

It's quite uncomfortable to sit in one position for a long amount of time in the first week or so and the only way I was pain free was lying down and sleeping!!

If you can get more time off then I would strongly advise you to!

Good luck x

• Posted

Gosh i had mine done 9 days ago and wAs really only up and about properly after a week. I think you need at least a week. Good luck for saturday โ˜บ๏ธ
    • Posted

I may have to see if I can have unpaid leave, thanks for your advice and support everyone ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    • Posted

Maybe see if you can take at least a few more days because you really need to focus on recovering rather than worrying about work!

Plus although you have a desk job you would be surprised how many muscles your arms effect in your stomach!

Just be careful x

• Posted

Thank you everyone for your advice may have to sweet talk my boss! X
  • Posted

I had my band fitted on Sunday 18th Jan and my first day back was today (I have an office job)... I booked a week off and I was fine x
  • Posted

Hopefully I will be too.....I am so excited I feel like my new life will begin that day
    • Posted

Im dying to get to the gym but I can't I've got to wait until Im fully healed ๐Ÿ˜Šx
    • Posted

I know the feeling used to go spinning twice a week but knee is playing up as seeing consultant about knee replacement. As soon as l am on the mend back at the gym and hopefully weight loss will help my joints

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.