Band fitting Saturday 31st january

Posted , 7 users are following.

having it done at the spires in Solihull, nervous and excited at the same time.

i have only booked 2 days off work do you all think that's ok I can work from home rest of week ( desk job)

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I was off 10 days but could have gone back after a week (desk job) you could do with being off work till after the weekend to give you that much needed time to recover.  Good Luck with your Op. Once checked in (birmingham too) there is a wait time and other tests - ask where you are on the list so you know and take your ipad tablet or phone or a book to help with the wait.  Staff are lovely.   Blink and its over - its the time to heal after you need.  Remember to get in some windeze and chewable tablets or something similar to help with your trapped gas that they pump you with to help with the op. Take your painkillers even if you think you dont need them and move about as soon as you can too as this will help.  We're all here to help x 
    • Posted

Thanks for your advice, going to take my kindle I have to be there at 7am but I have no idea where l will be on the list?
    • Posted

Once your checked in, the nurse will come possibley take some blood samples and give you some sexy stockings to wear!  ask you numerous questions and then the Surgeon and the Anaethetist go to visit you one by one too and ask more questions.  And of course you can ask them!  ask the Surgeon where you are on the list. Else it will be a waiting game.  The op takes about 45 mins but once you ly on that bed and he says youll be out in 10 seconds - i woke up the recovery room and had to ask if I had had the Op!! Be thinking of you on 31st x remember to tell us how you get on!
    • Posted

Thank you, I am getting excited now.

i will certainly keep you posted x

• Posted

Hey Storm!

I am in the EXACT boat as you, surgery is booked the same day as you, and ive got monday and tuesday off. I too am planning on working from home the rest of the week! Good luck to you! I think we will be alright!

• Posted

Thank you and good luck o you too!

i am quite a quick healer so hears hoping!

keep me posted on how your doing 😀

• Posted

Hey Storm! How did today go? Mine was great and went home same day. Feeling great and very very minimal pain. Hope your doing well
    • Posted

I was meant to be a day case but anesthtic knocked me about a bit and felt dizzy but going home Sunday and feel ok except for wind pain 😂😂

Glad yours went ok it's a new day a new dawn for us now😀😀👍

• Posted

Hey Storm! How are you feeling? Day 3 for us now!
    • Posted

Not bad thanks still got wind pain and no appetite, moving around easier just feel like I've done a hundred crunches. I weighed myself with pre op diet now 2 pounds off losing a stone😀🎉

how are you feeling?

• Posted

I'm pretty much the same as you really, food isn't interesting me at all at the moment, been feeling pretty good; just been taking windeze.

Since the preop I am 3 pounds off a stone of weight loss, your beating me!!

• Posted

Lol what's a pound between friends, it's exciting though 😀

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.