barbie..

Posted , 5 users are following.

me again....i see the discussions about Tibolene....livial....this is going to surprise yoiu...but i am 80 now..i was on livial for years, 60s, and 70s...was taken off before i was 80..doctors not approve, i am old!...i have a younger partner...late 60s. now..i had a senior consultant lady many years back, who said i could stay on it, if i wanted, as it did me good, or in so many words...i am rushing now..have too much to do!!....i did not want to come off it, in spring 2014...i did have many problems, health wise, and on steroids...i knew i iwould be worse...i iWAS...very as the year went by, and now...but to cut a lohg story short...i had many problems...lots of things....fell twice..had leg ulcer, i am now on some morphine...i am over 80...i feel i want too do so much...but...i cant, and i know it is MS symptoms, nearly every one...a week ago i woke up shiverring...since then, i have been very shaky...times are changing...my grandchildren, one married and gone away, the other gone back to ausie...they have been lovely girls in life, and we had such happy times, but they have their own lives to lelad now...so ...with all this, i am battling....the doctor thinks i am depressed....etc...doctors and health service, so ibusy.,..had relastives ill, one just died ..so many pass away...that is life.....but...i am battling with MS....i am positive, i could have had it for years.s...that is als i can say now...i DID NOT WANT TO COME OFF LIVIAL...but was forced to...i am my own carer, completely, and order my mound of prescription...so take care..life can be difficult, but keep going..now my leg has gone numb again, and tinglilng...loads of symptoms...i lexpect i am wrong, i am just old, now, and 80...so people say...there are people out there who DO HAVE SYMPTHAY....i know that, and they talk to me...keep on livial, if it suits you, it was marvellous for me...absolutely...love b.

2 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Barbara:  Hello there, I have come in late on your letters on Livial,.......

so I wanted to know what MS was...............??? I am 69 going on 70

and have stopped taking Livial 10 days ago...........I have been on an

off and on regime.........for the last 14 years more or less.............and all

the people my age who  are taking this are very very active, physically

and mentally.......a lot are still holding jobs......so I am a little scared

about leaving the Livial.  In order not to have problems I have started

taking Omega III Fish Oil and CoQ10 plus Collagen 3 times a day, as

I am afraid I will end up being with very very dry skin and start wrinkling,

and become a little depressed.  So far I am okay, I have no health problems

but fear I may start getting them as I have stopped taking the Livial.  Did

you feel like your skin got drier and you got a little depressed upon leaving

Livial?  All my friends who take Livial looked much younger than their

age........I think hormones are good for you, but the doctors sure don't,

they are so afraid that one will get cancer..........I had heard though that

Livial was good for your heart?? Or did I hear uncorrectly?  Do you take

Omega III fish oil, the good stuff from the Nordic sea?  Also COQ10?  I

hope this note finds you in good health and full of vim and vigor!! Bless

you.........G

• Posted

I also take Fish Oil Tabs and I think CoQ10 is very good for you but I cannot afford everything unfortunately.  As it is Livial costs me around AUD$56 per month.

When I went off it a couple of different times I had plenty of problems - dryness and hot flushes and my skin started to deteriorate.

I see on 'Dr Google' they are now saying it is not good for your heart but when I first went on it they told me it was good for anti-aging, heart, osteoarthritis and bones.........oh, and your sex life!

• Posted

oh so veryu very         true..ykay....i have taken fish oil and others...but packed them up now, as i am on mounds of medication, including steroids, and morphine...and over 30 tablets a day....yes, my problems were dryness land hot flushes....since i hafv HAD TO COME OFF IT...i ihave heart failure, would you believe...and agree with you, sex life...i have a yoiujg partner...it was great...years ago it was awful, we divorce, not my choice.....any way off livial now, so off  sex life!!....sad times...the youngster think they hafe all the good fun...no ...it is terrible out there...love is the main thing, REAL LOVE for each other, and people. take care...nice to chat....where do you buy livial, i could nog anyway, yoiu must be in usa..i could not get throiugh to buy it...not that it is any good now i guess....too late...take care of yourself..
    • Posted

excuse my awfull typoing, too quick,etc....i had my own secretarial and typoing business for over 50 years, and type a lot...if anything special, i make more effort...but not time                   now to keep corredcting...apologies for that...i did not like it when typists returned typinf ro me now, full of mistakes.....NOW I AM DOING IT TO!!..NAUGHTY.hehe.apologies..
    • Posted

I am in the same boat, Fish Oil Tabs and CoQ10 are expensive,

and yes, Livial which you can not get in the States is about $58

a month abroad.  I figure that the Fish Oil will help make ones skin

more moist, as well as CoQ10.  I have read Suzanne Sommers

book and Jane Fonda's book on aging and they both recommend

taking hormones until old age, and they both do, as well as other

things which are state of the art products which I am afraid are

very expensive.......so I kind of wondered ...........maybe hormones

do help and cancer and heart attacks will come whether you take

the hormones or not???  There still is not enough info out there,

and doctors are scared of being sued......so they just say....stay off

of Livial.  Anyways, I am going into second week of being off of

Livial and my doctor said that the most important thing is to be

sure that your Fish Oil is the real McKoy, the stuff from Norway,??

I believe the company is called Nordic something or rather??

I do know that Fish Oil lubricates ones eye balls.......so I figure that

it probably lubricates ones skin and body as well.....?? Still not

sure as I have only been taking for 1 month......but I must say even

though I am going thru a tremendously difficult time in my personal

life I am not depressed at all.....they say that Fish Oil also helps warding off depression.  I will keep both you and Barbara up on

my outcome.  Are you on or off of Livial now and how old are you?

I will be 70 soon.  All the very best. G

• Posted

Hi Georgina....no i had to come off Livial in Spring LAST YEAR, 2014....and gone down hill since!...and i was     80 in  November....!!  i organsed my own celebration..did not go quite as well as i wanted..a good few there, but old school friends, only one....as all the others are ill, too far to come, and three i knew had passed away...and i was going downhill  at that time also....and could not have the usual famly party on boxing day...first time ever...and could not do that anymore...anyway the grandchildren are spreading their wings to...such is life!...i am quite active, but i am afraid  i do have all the symptoms nearly of    ME;; and i dcan assure you it is NOT good...i am now very shaky...my eyes are blurry,   and lots of other things, as well as all the medication of steroids and morphine...for pain...typing and correspondence is my scene ..so i sit and keep in touch with friends..,.,,also i love cooking...i taught my own way up it...but, unfortuantley now, my bottom gums have receded so badly, with the osteoarthrits problems in my body, that i have to mince hard foods. i.e. nice juicy steaks...and cannot eat salads...that is just some things....wish i could have stayed on livial, but i am not sure about going back on it, even if i could get it...i could NOT get it anywhere in the world....and docs. would not prescribe it here.../not even the gynaecology at the hospital...they told me to come off it..yet, as  i said before, about 6 years ago or so, a senior consultant lady in gynae, a professor...told me   if i felt i needed it, i could stay on it for the rest of my life...she seems to have retired, and i could not get her anywhere.!  ..so i had to give up, come off it...and since then gradually   gone down hill...i have heart failure, with heart nurse visiting me every 2-3 weeks i think i said to someone, maybe you....and really i think my heart suddenly had so much to cope with duirng this last year!! oh well,nothing i can do now...but i still fight it if i can... hey ho!! time i got to bed, gone 1.0 a.m. B....oh sorry, just realised i answered georgina to ykay...sorry about that...anyway share the info.!!....also i had fish oil, and a couple of other things, but as i had said, i came off those also, when i was on so much medicaton...so i came off rather a lot really....!! ah well..never mind..
    • Posted

Hi Georgina,

I am 73, and I have decided to stay with Livial and fish oil tablets.

Every day I see women, many in their early 60s,  who look so much older than me and have numerous health problems.  

(I am the co-ordinator of a large group of 92 mature girlfriends.)

I believe my body needs Livial  - having been on full HRT for years after having my children (now 50 and 47 years) I really think it would be detrimental to my health if I went off it completely.   However I have cut down to taking one tablet every two days.

Take fish oil tabs and also a very low  dosage of Blood Pressure tablets due to my blood pressure being a little higher since my husband retired (that is another theory of mine ......I am sure husbands retiring and hanging around the house have a LOT to do with their partner's BP being elevated!)  LOL!

Would really appreciate you giving me the names of the books Jane Fonda and Suzanne Sommers have written so that I can buy them and read them.

• Posted

Hello ykay,

Interesting, the amount of Livial that you are taking is what my

doctor told me to do for 2 months to gradually go off of the Livial.

I can not get Livial in the U.S.A., but if I see that my health declines

or I start drying up like a prune........I will buy it in South America,

the next time I go or have my girlfriends bring it to me...........it is

rather expensive, so I am going to be sure that I really need it.

I am so glad I mentioned the 2 books that I was reading a few 

years ago as I have dragged them out again and will reread and

see what both these women recommend.  Jane Fonda's book is

called Prime Time, and I really loved reading it.  She is now much

older, but has gone back on T.V. with a sitcom series starting some

time soon with some famous comedian woman her age too.....I

really admire her.  Suzanne Somers I think is about 67 years old

and really looks good for her age.  Her book is called Bombshell

and she writes about medical secrrets that will redefine aging.

I am going to reread them and gather info for myself.

What do you do with your group of girlfriends?  Do you do excercises to keep healthy and have social gatherings?  I try to

go to the YMCA at least 3 times a week..........try is the word, can't

always do that.  I also am on a very low dosage of blood pressure

pills, my doc the one in the States said that Livial upped your

blood pressure, but I don't think so, my blood pressure is the same

now that I have come off of the Livial.  

If and when you get these 2 books let me know what you think 

about them.  I have noticed that all my girlfriends who are 70 and

a little more who are on Livial do not have as many wrinkles, have

more energy, are very up people, are still working, and all have 

significant other partners, meaning that they have been divorced

and are now accompanied in their golden years.......

All the very best, G

• Posted

lucky you...i just think i could not go back on livial, if i had the chance...20 months ago i think since i was forced to not take it...doctors and gynae. dept . at hospital....and all my contacts over the world, was no joy...so here i am, thought i would be worse...but still have sense of humour, and people say i look well....but i know the lchanges are happening to me...oh for livial...what would happen if i took it now, IF I COULD GET IT, BUT I CANT...hehe. take care folks...good to talk, must go and have breaky. nearly 10.30...bed at 3.30 a.m. last night, and had a sleep over, until 9.0..5 houirs sleep after all...sunny day...my partner gone for his walk...he enjoys...why shouldnt he...i sit here and write, kthat is me...and down to cook, and pills...and radio and tv on, it is fun..haha..at 80..81, in one and a half months time..God..Bless all.

• Posted

Let's know how you go in your life witout Livial.

Thanks for the names of those books - I am now going to purchase them and will let you know what I think about them.

I named my group of mature girlfriends GO Girls - we have meeting once a month, a Birthday Lunch, two Coffee & Chats, various other things like walks, theatre, movies and special occasions.  We have just had our 7th Birthday.  Most of our 92 members do exercises of some kind - lots do Pilates, dancing, pool exercises and Tai Chi and walking.

• Posted

thank you georgina...are you in uk.or usa.or ?..i had a school friend georgina...still have..just a xmas card!...anyway..i was distraught at coming off livial..i wrote everywhere, ausie, usa...all sorts, in the leaflet that comes with it..no joy..no joy anywhere...i got all sorts when i came off , and i knew i would...i seem to think that would happen..even the hospital said come off it...heart attacks etc...well, not long after i had heart problems...my body has so much now, that heart cannot deal with it, that is what i think anyway...and now i am 80...organised my own 80th celebration last november....keep going. but doctors have their own opinions...these young doctors out there...one elderly consultant a few years back, said i could keep on it..for years, if i felt i should...no one listened to ithat, she has retired, and disappeard now...i have had so much happehing in the laslt year or so...it just makes me think, i was right..mayber not...but i keep active...i do inot knokw anyone that have been on livial, tibolene...at all...unfortunately..you do...just keep going...try not to get depressed...i had my own secretarial lbusiness, at home, kand in town...for over 50 years, and now i am my own secretary...and i love cooking...but have to mince lots of food, as lost bottom teeth..receded gums...i could go on for every..must go...breakfast i need.love barbie...
    • Posted

Barbara you sound very lively and full of life!!!  I was telling ykay

that I had been reading Suzanne Sommers and Jane Fonda's

books about how one must take hormones until the very end of

your life, plus of course other expensive state of the art things

which are impossible for the man in the street to obtain, but I

find it interesting that they take and they look like a million dollars

although I think that Jane Fonda ages better, I mean she has not

done too much to herself, she is blessed with good bones......

although she looks older, not her age, but very refreshing......

to answer your question I live in the States now and have lived

in many countries in South and Central America, where Livial

is available for about $58 a month, the same one pays I believe

in the UK??  All my girlfriends as I said before who are on Livial

and refuse to go off and their gynecologists tell them to stay on

it and they are full of life and look much, much younger than their

years.........All the best. G

• Posted

Gum dieases will cause heart disease and generalised inflammation and fatigue. Your Dr is simply wrong to take you off the livial. You can halve the price simply by taking half a tablet a day. In the meantime... Get another Dr., one who practices Medicine, not S&M.

Dont die with money in the bank. Get the livial, or whatever you need to stay bright and alive. Sell the house and go for a holiday to australia. I read that Malta has a great health system and is cheap as chips to live in. There ya go, all the fish sunshine and livial you need!

• Posted

haha, yes..sounds good...i not heard that before.. gum diseases cause heart disease..and general inflammation...which is what i seem to have...thanks for your info...i knew the doctors were wrong..i could not fight them....one has to abide what doctors say, but i am not sure in some cases...doubt if i will go to ausie...or malta...my famikly do the travelling, i am not really interested in flying and that far...not now...dont feel well enough really...and one of my granddaughters just gone out to ausie again, second time this year, and for 8 months....over xmas....sad for all of us, but i think she will be the one who is the most sad...always have boxing day here at her nannys! with the rest of them...but i cant have the parties now... not well enough...but i can sit here and chat..off to bed now..thanks..very inspiring what you wrote..and makes me think i am, or was, right after all...!! haha.   B....and p.s.   i used to quite like the sunshine within reason, but it affected my eyes, and not with this MS....it is terrible...have to wear very very dark glasses, but have to stay out the sun, for that reason..ta ta.
  • Posted

At least, at the very least, go off all sugar, and have a low inflammation diet. Try it for a week. See how you feel. There are many paths to the mountaintop of health!
    • Posted

yep i try...i love lveggies, and i love fruit, and sweet puddings...do not have much sugar now in cups of tea..thanks..must get on with the day...went to bed at 3.30 a.m...last night..far too late..but loads to do.thanks anyway..
    • Posted

Hi Barbara, have been reading what you write, and I think Tooban

has very good advice.  Get off anything that causes inflamation.

Sounds like you have a good life in spite of all that has happened

to you lately with your health.  I had read that Melatonin that is

suppose to regulate your pineal gland?? in order to help you sleep

better is actually good to lower your inflamation.  Google that to

read about it, seems that they have a new report out on that.......

Seems too that as we get older everything get inflammed......

I think it is a pity you can not go back on Livial..........maybe you

should shop around for a new doc?  Anyways.....all the best to

you......oh BTW, melatonin helps regulate your sleep habits too,

I am a little like you, I walk around at night time and am on the

computor,  I get my second wind in the wee hours of the night.

So I find that it helps me a little........when I take it I don't go on

the computor at nighttime or way after midnight like 2 or 3 in

the am.  Anyways, just saying........cause I know you are taking

many pills........Best regards, G

• Posted

thank you so much Geogina....kind words....so far, touch wood, it is just thast i go to bed rather late, as i have so much to do in my life, trying to care for myself...long ago i would wake, but i am often so very tired when going to bed late, i fall into a deep sleep...i do set alarm though, so i dont sleep on to late in the morning..anyway, thanks..i think often of changing my doc...but not very easy here.....yes taking loads of pills...they do help i am sure in different ways, steroids for temporal artritis, arteries in the head!.. and polymyalgia, which affects my shoulders,and i cant lift left arm very far up!..and no on some morphine medicine stuff, to help with pain, but i do not have too much of that..hey ho!...keep smiling...and thaks again...better get to bed now.regards, B.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.