bartholin cyst -- burst only drained a little

Posted , 21 users are following.

hey all

so I am experiencing my fist BC at age 35 -- presented a lump about a week and a half ago that grew to be quite large and extremely painful. Went to Gyn on Tuesday (at this point I was about ping pong sized) who wanted to lance it on the spot -- I refused and asked her if we could wait a few days to see if nature could take its own course. She was NOT happy, but agreed for me to come back on Saturday for the procedure (she wants to lance even if it naturally drains? Not sure how I feel about that..)

Well, yesterday (Wednesday) was the most painful experience of my entire life. It was so painful that I could not even make it to the bath (I've been sitzing and doing a mixture of natural remedies since about last Saturday) so I just kept a heating pad going on it all day in bed. I could barely breathe without being in excruciating pain.. wowza 

I managed to breathe through it and somehow fell asleep finally and upon waking noticed that I'd burst and drained some fluid (it did not have the foul odor some speak of, just kind of smelled like vinegar) -- the pain was considerably less thank goodness!! Upon inspection of the area, I can see a tear/lesion where the fluid came from and after taking a hot bath, a little more fluid contined to drain but it was very slow coming. I tried to press and get more out, but it wasn't very fruitful and I didn't want to irritate the area any further.

It now appears that the tear/lesion is somewhat closing up and not much more fluid is exiting. I'm still pretty swollen and my labia still looks like a testicle redface but am definitely in considerably less pain.

Has anyone else had this experience of a burst without a full drain? I guess I thought that when it burst it would just be gushing out all the junk inside instantly, but this is clearly not the case for me. Also, will the tear reopen and continue to drain slowly? I'm keeping it wet and applying some olive oil/witch hazel/tea tree tincture and the tear is on the very top of the inside of my vaginal opening. When I press lightly near it nothing seems to be coming out .. 

Thanks in advance and power to all you ladies getting through the BC!

L.

2 likes, 52 replies

52 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Omg!! Witch hazel is for bruises, not for wounds that have been open!!

I've just had my 4th one last December, I'm getting rather used to these now unfortunately, just glad they didn't happen in my youth.

I've realised that this herbal stuff Is all useless...just Epsom salts help ro draw the pus out, and putting some on a little pad at night, dissolved, over it.

AS SOON AS YOU NOTICE ANY LUMP, GET YER SELF TO YER DOC OR HOSPITAL, FOR ANTIOCJ TO GET THE B***H PUS COAGULATING SO AS TO POP ON IT'S OWN. .....this is all I've learnt, oh, and u get fast tracked at gospi t al if returning within six months, yes, two b***h cysts I had last year.......Draining is useless too, it just refills.

I've also decided that God is a virginal female, and this is the way to get back at active females! Gotta laff at this extreme pain really ladies!!

So.....These things reaccure once you have one, sorry.

The herbal route is useless, if i hits worked for you, it's just pure luck.

Epsom salt helps these go draw pus into a harder mass.

Antibiotics do as above, therefore the two together equals natural pop, prob in bed, so towel under your sheet and fat period knickers on ladies!

Ignore men who you know have big appendages, now they are even more useless and painful.

And if you can't avoid a big dick, use plenty of water based lube!!!

I would also add that also trip to the gum clinic is advised, as you are likely to get thrush, and or b.v as your poor lady garden has been battered! Gum clinics In England do not charge for the medication, and give it to you there and then, your doc will give you also prescription that will c e 9 quid fo each thing written on it.

Really hope this helps to ladies!

Oh...im also considering giving up interiors! ! Haha hahahahaha! ! X xxxx

• Posted

Give up intercourse I meant
  • Posted

I suggest that the tear did not open again?? The vaginas is the second fasted area to heal, after your mouth. You will also find most treatments for vaginas, will be what they give you for mouth ulcers etc.

Witch hazel is never suggested by a dentist wither.;-)

What happened to yours outta interest? X

• Posted

I just got my first one at age 28. I noticed when it was pea sized. I realized discomfort in the area when I was putting a tampon in (of all the times to get it, it was during shark week. Ugh) I did a bunch of research to determine first, what it was, second how bad it was, and third what to do about it. By the next day it was the size of a marble and hurting a lot more. I started putting turmeric/coconut oil paste on it. I did that and kept the area very very clean. Every time I went to the bathroom I would wash the area and reapply the paste. I think that helped a lot! Along with that I took very warm sitz baths with 2 cups of Epsom salt and massaged the lump to try and coax the blockage out. I did this for 3 days.

Without it growing anymore, it popped. Thankfully it came out where the tube is, so hopefully it is mostly unclogged. Honestly, I didn't even feel it pop. I noticed it was a bit wet down there and went to check on things and there was brownish/redish stuff on my underwear (period stuff unrelated at this point).

I immediately prepared a sitz bath because it wasn't completely drained and I couldn't get the rest out. So I sat in the bath for about 10-15 mins and gently massaged the lump like I had been doing. I was able to get more and more and more out without it hurting. It got to the point where no more would come out, and the water was cool. There's still a small lump there, smaller than a pea. And that's where I'm at right now.

My plan is to keep a warm damp towel down there to keep it from closing too much. Then in a little while I'll take another sitz bath with 2 cups Epsom salt to get the rest out and continue that process as needed. It no longer hurts which is a plus!! It's a little tender, but that's it!

The only thing I decided not to do, that many others did with this remedy, is the 2nd part with the baking soda and salt after applying the turmeric/coconut oil paste. The reason I didn't to this is because it never developed a head. I didn't want to do any unnecessary harm just because others found success. My way was a bit longer, but I think because of it, made it to where it didn't get bigger and was able to get rid of the blockage and drain out of the tube (at least that's what I'm hoping.lol.)

I hope that in an hour or so, when I take another sitz bath, I'll be able to get the rest out. :D

• Posted

hello all thank you for pisting this info. I’ve had a masupialization 6 weeks ago and tjought it was healing fine. Then after last intercourse the whole thing flared up and it’s worse than the first time. Gyno says the incision had sealed over (and it was supposed to stay open for drainage since my duct was blocked). Now I he wants to do the procedure again tomorrow but I’m afraid it’s going to burst before I get there.

My question is if it bursts and heals up, there would still be the problem of the blocked duct so the cyst/abscess would come back no? So do i still need the masupialization after a rupture?? Is that even possible?

I can’t find any information on this. If anyone has any ideas...

Thank you!!

• Posted

Ok guys...had ma fourth one over Christmas. .dont know If I mentioned the third one lol!

I had something called a word catheter put in, while I had gas and air, sat in a chair, in June of last year...it involves them making quick incision and inserting a little balloon like thing that has a little tube, like what u cover the things u clean your teeth wi t h, in between, and this allows excess pus to keep coming out. ..i am in England and this is free. It's in for at least a a week and when there is nothing coming out, it's removed in like five mins! Piece of pish compared to our agony lol!

I've gone off sex now, and glad I'm older....Astrid, just draining does not work, as u and I know now....Tatiana. ...A are u in the UK? ?

• Posted

Noo..sorry, had It last June. .and last Xmas!
  • Posted

I've have my first Bartholin's Cyst I'm 18 I only had it for 3 or 4 days it was a size of a golf ball literally, I was scared and searching what the hell I had and came apond this website where women told their story made me less scared but I heard that itll come back in 6 months or a year which is even more scary so yeah I had Bartholin's Cyst and just about last night it popped on its own right now I can still feel the lump and it burns I do feel less pain, I can walk but can't sit like I want too. I don't have money for those "siz bath" nor have money for any kind of products you guys use to heal it. I've been using  hot rag not taking baths like that, so I'm asking exactly how long did it take you to heal? And did you still had the little lump there? 

• Posted

Hi tatiana. ..i have a little lump of scar tissue, yes. I feel bad for you, so young! If u are in uk, u can get bath salts. .ie Epson salt, cheaply?
    • Posted

Once this pops ladies..it needs to be kept open for a week, just leaving and pushing, the pus will not all go..have sex and It will reoccur. ..did exactly that in goa, with ma first and the doc asked why I didn't go when opened, and tried to cut it open there and then.

No chance lol!!

• Posted

Yesterday i had a drainage put in under local anaesthetic was not offered gas n air, omg i nearly hit the ceiling, after being swollen and on strong antibiotics for 10days that cyst was not going to go, After many attempts the drainage tube would not stay put so has had to be stitched into place, i was told once stitches dissolve the tube will fall out, no follow up appointment . Praying this will work !!!
  • Posted

Hi guys I’m only 20 and I’m experiencing my first cyst.

I am in absolute agony with it and have had it for nearly 2weeks. It is absolutely huge. I went to out of hours at the hospital where the doctor confirmed it was a cyst and gave me two different types of antibiopics, I’ve been taking them for about 4 days. However it is still extremely painful and I feel like it has been feeling like it has slightly reduced and then just returned to that same size I’ve been going for warm baths along with the antibiotics when I can but I still have to attend work which makes it impossible to go for a number of baths. I’m wondering if anyone has any advise or anyone else has had antibiotics for it before it burst and if this is normal? Also I’ve read nearly every comment on this and a lot of people are saying that when the cyst has ruptured it isn’t clearing up is that the case for everyone.

I’m ready to have a breakdown. Worst experience of my life 

• Posted

Hi Emma ..Bless u!

I've given some good advice in pervious comments...and I've also noticed that no one returns with any advice! !

I've had four now In my forties...The antibiotics make it hard and should pop...if it doesn't , insist you see a female gyno and that you want a word catheter put in...its all very well popping, but It rapidly repairs , like ur gums....you need a car heat to allow it to drain. ..its really ok and done with gas and air. .first for me..loved it lol! It Is no Inconvenience and worked....i must say I'm put of sex totally now and so glad I didn't get it at your age! Mine popped in bed..i had put a to well under me..it was no pain and instant an start relief! ! When u Re in the bath.

Try squeezing it..While in during the agony.

.also..use Epsom salts in Bath and dissolve a little on a pad and put ot against it, in your under wear.

I must say this is l he last bit of advice im giving lol..as I keep repeating....good luck and let me know what happens.;-) x

• Posted

Hi I don’t know if it’s burst slightly I went to the loo to pee after that I had to return to the bathroom as I felt something and it was blood I’ve finished my period the other week so no chance of that but I’m in agony and wondering if I should go to a&e after work and see if they can drain it for me. I can’t stress how much pain I’m in at the moment 

• Posted

Hello Emma, it most probably burst. Try and go to the doc to have it drained properly. I had the same for about 3 weeks now and went to the doc 2 days ago. He drained it but the lump is still there and still a bit painful so I am still trying to research what else I can do. Also once it is draining, just wash with some Savlon when you bath/shower to keep it clean. All the best! These things are an absolute nightmare!!! 
    • Posted

Savlon! !....are you joking? ??

You need Epsom salts to draw the puss out!!

Your cyst emma has not popped as you would have puss coming out.

The doctor is no good.

.The lump Is there because you still have puss there and it will seal up very quickly. I don't want to alarm u as it easy to do...go to a and e to see a proper gyno. ..i have had one marsupial is ed, a night in hospital...it came back....i finally had a new day surgery, in a chair with gas and air...ot took ten mins to put a word catheter, which is not like a wee or poo one so don't worry, and this keeps it open to drain.

DO NOT PUT CREMATED OT ANYTHING SCENTED ON YOUR VAGINA EVER.IT CLEAR ITSELF NATURALLY, and of you have a whiff one? It's probably b.v.....and some pills from your local gum clinic, after they test you and give you results immediately, clear it up and are free, unlike doctors.

Go to a and e today, as no one from gynie will work on a weekend. ..surgeons that is.

I have had four, my last two within six months, so I was fast tracked to hospital.

I hope this helps you both. .

.i had mine drained, it was useless and the hospital confirmed this....;-)

• Posted

They only way I can describe what happened is that it erupted yesterday it’s not pain anymore I feel like a new  woman will I still use salts in the bath as there is still a small lump ?

Thanks for your advise btw 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.