bartholin cyst -- burst only drained a little

Posted , 21 users are following.

hey all

so I am experiencing my fist BC at age 35 -- presented a lump about a week and a half ago that grew to be quite large and extremely painful. Went to Gyn on Tuesday (at this point I was about ping pong sized) who wanted to lance it on the spot -- I refused and asked her if we could wait a few days to see if nature could take its own course. She was NOT happy, but agreed for me to come back on Saturday for the procedure (she wants to lance even if it naturally drains? Not sure how I feel about that..)

Well, yesterday (Wednesday) was the most painful experience of my entire life. It was so painful that I could not even make it to the bath (I've been sitzing and doing a mixture of natural remedies since about last Saturday) so I just kept a heating pad going on it all day in bed. I could barely breathe without being in excruciating pain.. wowza 

I managed to breathe through it and somehow fell asleep finally and upon waking noticed that I'd burst and drained some fluid (it did not have the foul odor some speak of, just kind of smelled like vinegar) -- the pain was considerably less thank goodness!! Upon inspection of the area, I can see a tear/lesion where the fluid came from and after taking a hot bath, a little more fluid contined to drain but it was very slow coming. I tried to press and get more out, but it wasn't very fruitful and I didn't want to irritate the area any further.

It now appears that the tear/lesion is somewhat closing up and not much more fluid is exiting. I'm still pretty swollen and my labia still looks like a testicle redface but am definitely in considerably less pain.

Has anyone else had this experience of a burst without a full drain? I guess I thought that when it burst it would just be gushing out all the junk inside instantly, but this is clearly not the case for me. Also, will the tear reopen and continue to drain slowly? I'm keeping it wet and applying some olive oil/witch hazel/tea tree tincture and the tear is on the very top of the inside of my vaginal opening. When I press lightly near it nothing seems to be coming out .. 

Thanks in advance and power to all you ladies getting through the BC!

L.

2 likes, 52 replies

52 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm 24 years old and have had issues with bartholin cysts for about a year and a half. I had to have 3 lanced and finally got a marsupialization. Everything was fine after marsupialization until almost a year after. When my menstrual cycle is beginning, the cyst seems to get infected. Recently, it swelled up so big (about the size of a ping pong ball) and I did not have access to a doctor for a few days to get it lanced to I turned to home remedies to help with pain. 

I read about apple cider vinegar (ACV) so i decided to give it a try. I add about 2 tblspoons of ACV to the water in my sitz bath and soak for 15 mins before I go to bed. Then I wear a pad and in the morning, the cyst has drained completely! It was so relieving!! Much better than getting it lanced.

A few days ago I felt the cyst getting bigger again (not as bad this time) so I decided to do the ACV sitz bath again. AND IT WORKED AGAIN! PAINLESS! I will be doing this from now on when I need the cyst to burst, and definitely recommend. 

I use raw unfiltered ACV.

Hope this can help!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.