Bartholin's Cyst Relief!!!

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi all. Well, I had my first BC which started about 4 days ago and quickly got infected. For the last 2 days, I have been in absolute agony - even crying as the pain was so bad. I also felt very hot and dizzy. Went to the doctors who gave me antibiotics and suggested the 'm' operation if the antibiotics didnt work.

The only thing that relieved the pain, even for just 10 or 20 minutes, was lying in a warm bath. I would have 3 or 4 a day! Then - this morning after a hot bath, I went back to bed afterwards and could smell this awful smell. I then realised the abcess had burst!! I quickly went back to the bath and waited for about 15 minutes. Then when I got out - I could walk again and I am now sitting on a leather chair - something I couldnt do this time yesterday! The pain relief when it bursts is instant and incredibly brilliant! I missed new years eve celebrations last night because of the pain and I now feel like running up and down the street in hapiness!

I'm hoping to God it doesnt come back... fingers crossed!!

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.  My GP referred me to a gynaecologist.  I have a date for 28/11 for marsupilisation.  However cyst has got smaller in the waiting time but has not quite gone.  No pain currently.  I do want it gone and hope it doesn't come back.

• Posted

So, I’ve been dealing with this for about 2 years now. October of 2016 is when it first happened. I was 18. It was the most painful thing i had ever endured. To walk, stand, and sit were a tasks of many worries and wonders. So i went to the ER because the pain was too excruciating to wait for an appt. so they numbed it, lanced it, put a word catheter in it, and told me to come back in 2 weeks for catheter removal. After the catheter was removed, i waited a few days to return to my normal life (sexual activities included) and i thought that was it. It was over...

Well about 2 weeks ago, i felt the lump coming back and gardening. It was a few days before my cycle so i thought that was just making it flare. I went on with my days, cycle came and went. Then it’s like the cyst was getting bigger. But not unbearable. So me and my boyfriend were having sex. Normal sex, no complaints... the next morning it was like the pain was coming 1000 mph. So i knew it was time to go to the er. I waited a few hours then i went. Just as the first time they numbed it, lanced it, and put a catheter in it. Only difference this time the catheter fell out not even 3 hours within me being out of the ER. I knew it would come back because the catheter fell out, but about 2 days ago it was worst than before i limped around at work all day and went to the er about 3am. They told me they couldn’t lance it anymore because the cut was still open, and that would allow infections to come in.

So they prescribed me an antibiotic (first time they did) and an ibuprofen for pain. Also, gave me a note to stay out of work and off my feet for 2 days. And to incorporate 2-3 sitz baths within the 2 days to help with the drainage. This morning i was asleep and i woke up to a moist smelly discharge. I thought it was just blood but i looked down only to see a pus blood mixture. 

SOOO... it burst! I feel great considering i couldn’t even lay down comfortably last night. It doesn’t hurt anymore, still a lump but it’s not painful at all. I’m still going to take my meds hey prescribed, and continue the sitz baths. Just sharing my long drawn or experienc. And i hope this is the last i have to see if the BGC.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.