Basic Comfort for LS

Posted , 18 users are following.

I'm not sure if anyone else experiences this? I tend to find something will work for me down there, then it does not. For example: coconut oil has been quite soothing in the past, lately it just irritates me no end. 

I tried Olive Oil but it wasn't that great. The Doctor prescribed Sylk vaginal moisturizer and that can either be Okay or not. 

Has anyone else got other 'comforters' for LS? Mine gets sore and stingy as opposed to itchy. Any help appreciated. x

1 like, 33 replies

33 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I use Emu oil and also organic cider vinegar that is diluted in my small travel spray bottle 1 T to the other 2 or 3 ozs of water . Both have worked well for me.  I used to carry the sprayer with me but now I just carry the emu oil with me it is a small .50oz... very small, in my purse. Just rub it on and it is not only soothing but I have very little itching when using the two off and on.  I always wear a mini pad so none gets on my under garments. Hope that helps
    • Posted

Thanks auburn, I once used Emu oil and agree. I just found it a bit pricey. But it really is a comforting oil. 
  • Posted

Hi Callianne,

I think your body accepts and then starts to reject products whatever they 

after certain time.Like you I've tried several products which help initially and then actually cause more pain and irritation.Clob cream now stings me like vinegar on a open sore I'm struggling. Coconut oil has helped , I nice drink it diluted, eat it in cereals cook it in food in moderation of course and apply it to various parts of my body  but it's starting to have less effects  internal and external And I don't use it stupidly in small amounts do what's next to try.I love this site because of this very issue, there is no one cure but certain products and practises can help healing relieve pain and give you some respite .Even doctors don't have the answers hence why this forum is essential.but personally if it hurts more than it did before do not believe the wives tales "if it stings it dies you good" in certain situations that does apply but not in this,I'm considering using towel wrapped ke even cubes or frozen peas to aid relieve pain ( don't worry they won't be used for anything else!)

we are all learning by trial and error hopefully helping each other along the way .Doctors really for all their good intent and knowledge do not and done readily admit they don't know it all. the Mimms is a basic thesaurus of drugs that are promoted at times yo doctors like any other product.Read up on the drugs , their contents, side effects etc.if those side effects in reality then go back to the docs and come on site.If something stings for along time or duration every time the product is applied then the body itself is telling you something .Doctirs are like car mechanics medicine has changed practises have changed but knowledge is limited along with time to investigate what's available.I haven't noticed any doctors on this site , that's a shame learning applies both ways.Good luck I will let you know if the peas give alittle relief but I can't go walking out with them .... They'll defrost!

• Posted

I'm wondering if you have an infection? I didn't know that an area can become infected. Hence the stinging. The Doctor gave me an antibiotic cream to put on the area 4 x a day. The stinging has almost gone. I'm still not using coconut oil though. He gave me Sylk. So far so good. When I say infection I have no idea what infection affects this. I know though, I have had thrush lately.
  • Posted

I agee i cannot use coconut oil or emu oil if i am really sore i find the yes oil products work for me.
    • Posted

You might try the 1 T of cider Vinegar in a bottle of water ( I mix mine rather strong because I use a purse size sprayer 3 oz) but you can add that to a cup of water and just spray and blot after. It might be soothing. Don't make it too strong if you are broken out but to me it helps.
    • Posted

I just ordered Perrin's Creme Complete that someone recommended on one of the forums yesterday and I will let everyone know how that works when I get it.
    • Posted

Where do you get a sprayer? I think I could benefit from one.
    • Posted

I don't know where you live but our drug stores and possibly places like Walmart or Walgreens might have them. They are a small probably 1 or 2 or less oz  bottle with a spray top with a cap. They are actually with the small travel size things you buy for vacation.  They are very reasonable and I have two. If I take one in my purse I always put it in a snack size zip lock just in case smile
    • Posted

One person on here cuts the tube that goes down into the bottle quite short so that when she holds it upside down to spray it works like a dream. This would be a great idea especially for a purse size sprayer.  I'm going to try the vinegar solution...vinegar is good for so many things and is natural...so it's certainly worth a try.  I'm finding that you need to alternate things so you don't develop a resistance or sensitivity.
  • Posted

Hi Callianne

EPADERM  you can get it in a small tub to try, I now get it in 500 g tub on prescription, which has lasted over a year. I put it on after every "wee" and the stingy irratation just goes.   Good Luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.