Bath time.........oh dear!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Well I got some Dead Sea bath salts today and have been looking forward to having a bath. 

Poured a lukewarm bath and in I go..........bliss

it was so relaxing - I felt great.

And then the problem ......... How do I get out?

had to shout on my hubby as I was well and truly stuck. I managed to get onto my knees and out that way. Was not a pretty sight. 

That's what I get for being too confident. 

Lee x

1 like, 38 replies

38 Replies

Next
  • Posted

That's why I shower because I can't get out of a bath
    • Posted

Ha ha Lyn 

i didn't even think of the getting out. 

It hasn't put me off though. 

I now have a way of getting out but I wouldn't have a bath if I was in on my own. Just in case. 

• Posted

Bless you Lee.                                                                                                                 I thought I braved it on Sun getting into the bath for a shower.I don't like baths but evenif I did I wouldn't feel happy having one for about 4 weeks.I had my staples out today(did post a discussion but put it on the wrong discussion site).I am more anxious if I come apart now.

xxx

• Posted

Hi Teresa 

how was it?

i know what you mean. I wonder what is keeping me together. I just have a bit of surgical tape over the ends. It's amazing isn't it

lee x

• Posted

Removing  the dressing was the worse bit.The nurse told me to pretend that I was having a bikini wax.The 1st couple of staples tugged a little but I have  had a pulling sensation on both ends and she started on the worst end.I only had 9 staples for a cut that was about 8inches.
    • Posted

It's amazing what they can do isn't it. 

Well that's it over now - another step closer on our recovery. 

My scar is about 8 inches too. It's nice and straight though. 

They do a remarkable job

x

• Posted

Hi Lee

Aww bless ya you were so looking forward to a bath as well...

You have made me chuckle tonight though😃😃

Been to Drs today he has given me HRT but not to start it for a couple of weeks it's tablet form.. Gonna read up about it..

Went for a coffee and to tesco for a couple of bits it drained me. so glad I have an understanding & patient partner ..

Di xx

• Posted

Hi Di

thats good you have HRT. I hope it works for you. 

Isnt everything such an effort. My hubby took myself, my dad and daughter out for some lunch today and by the time I got home I was shattered. I am going to miss my hubby when he goes back to school on Monday 

Lee x

• Posted

Hi Diane,

I have to go to the doctors next Fri to sort out my HRT all I know is it will be Oestrogen only HRT. What are you on. I will have to do some research on the web for more info !!

Nikki xx

• Posted

Hi Nikki

My GP has prescribed Premarin need to look into HRT as there are so many.. How do they know what to put you on its so confusing???

How are you feeling?? It's a long road this recovery isn't it.... One day feeling great then a couple of bad days..

Finally got my appetite back now and moving about a lot better

Di xx

• Posted

Hi Di

Im doing reasonably well considering only a week ago I had surgery, no flushes or anything yet, been feeling a bit out of sorts today, my appetite is not back to normal yet, still having to take pain killers every 6/8 hours but it is early days.

Will let you know how I get on at the doctors with regards to my HRT next week.

Nikki x

• Posted

Hi Lee

Hope you didn't hurt yourself struggling to get out of the bath.  He! he! good job your hubby was there otherwise it would have to be the Fire Brigade!  Now that could be interesting!  We have pull cords in every room in our retirement flat (one of the big reasons we moved here, in case Ian collapsed when I wasn't there!) you just call the cord and they send whatever you need!  I can just see hunky firemen charging in to rescue you!  

Seriously though, take care, it would be awful to damage your recovery after all you have been though.  

Love

Jacqui 

• Posted

Hi Jacqui. 

I could not bear the fire brigade. 

I would have just stayed in the bath forever ha ha

i certainly feel a bit more sore with doing more so I am going to settle down and stop it as I am genuinely afraid I hinder my recovery. 

That would just be silly

thank you for your concern

lee xx

• Posted

Hi Lee

I keep smiling thinking about the Fire Brigade bursting in.  Glad you haven't done any damage.  We all want to run before we can walk, it must mean we are all improving.  I made it to Boots today which is half way round the village with Rosie, and sat on the one chair in Boots waiting for Ian's drugs, when this elderly lady came in with a stick, and you could see her look at me (I am looking the bees knees and picture of health!) so after a few minutes I offered her my seat and said "I have had my 5 mins", so she said I will be careful only to have 5 mins, so I said "no, no I am just post hysterectomy, resting between walks".  Gosh then she was going to give the chair back to me bless her.  I said to the assistants you need a row of chairs, they laughed and said nobody would go home then!

Love

Jacqui 

• Posted

Hi Jacqui

how bizarre I was also in boots today and took a seat. This woman asked me if I had a sore back. So told her the story. It must have been the day for us all going to Boots. 

Cant believe that's 2 weeks since my op and nearly  2 weeks since yours 

where has time gone

lee x

• Posted

I went into the supermarket where I work today and I got told off even pushing an empty trolley but I was leaning on it as I walked round.As it got heavier my Dad pushed it round the bends and finally before we got to the till.I normally moan at my Dad!s packing but today I knew I had to keep quiet.

• Posted

Hi Lee

Amazing we did the same thing!  We will see something on Facebook use about the young taking over the seats!  Sorry I shouldn't include myself in that, I am 65 today, but this op has made me feel 30 years younger!

The time is zooming by, I start my increase to 'Week 3 - Things I can do"  tomorrow.  People keep asking me if I am getting bored, I have to say I am too busy doing my walking, rests and flights of stairs, he! he! it must be taking me ages because the time keeps disappearing!  

Take care

Love 

Jacqui 

• Posted

Yes it's good to lean on isn't it. Well I am going to stay in for the next few days as I am tired. Try and get myself into a good book

andy hung out washing and I so wanted to go and rearrange it. 

It's difficult keeping quiet isn't it

x

• Posted

Happy Birthday.

At least the op wasn't on your birthday.When you are stronger have a belated birthday treat.

xxx

• Posted

Jacqui where do you have things to do by weeks 

I would like to have a read of that. 

I am struggling to walk but I get up to bed much easier now

lee x

• Posted

Wow Jacqui 65 today. How good is it that you are feeling so much younger 

happy birthday. 

I am 49 and felt 79 going out today. 

Hope you had a nice day and so happy you feel so good

lee x

• Posted

Hi Teresa 

Thank you so much.  I have had a smashing day, hubby really spoilt me with lots of lovely tight fitting clothes, and ..... they fit.  The op was the best present because everything has been put back where it should be, my stomach is flat, and I feel fantastic.  I have to stop myself because I feel so fit.   I know I am very very lucky having the vaginal way, recovery is much quicker.  

I do hope you will soon be feeling great and happy you had your op and how good life is.  

Take care

Love

Jacqui 

• Posted

Hi Lee

I got it from the Hysterectomy Association, it is a free download, and gives you week by week guidance of what you should be doing.  Just go to the site and you will see the booklet.  

Hope it helps.

Love

Jacqui 

• Posted

So glad you have had a lovely day.I have felt great since day one and very happy that colleagues noticed my weight loss today.
    • Posted

I have a weekly plan,I can't remember where I found it but at the moment I haven't followed it as I feel so well.I am behaving aswell especially with no bending and heavy lifting.It is just using your common sense and doing what you feel comfortable with.

xxx

• Posted

Hi Teresa

So glad you are recovering so well.  Isn't it lovely when people notice you look good, it is a real boost.  Keep up the good work.

Love

Jacqui 

• Posted

Thanks Jacqui.

I am on my own today.Just had a shower and washed my hair.Now heading for breakfast.I am then going to have a 10 minute walk.The rest of the day will be tv,jigsaw and somd reading.It is a hard life isn't it!

Enjoy your day

luv

Teresa

xxx

• Posted

Take it easy Teresa, I will be having words with you tomorrow !! . I know its not easy when you feel so well, Will call you in the morning about 11.00

Love Nikki xx

• Posted

Hi Teresa 

How did your walk go?  Yes it is a hard life, all this resting and recovering.  I cannot believe how quickly the time is whizzing by.  

Just started Week 3's activities, lovely to be improving week by week.

Enjoy your jig saw.

Love

Jacqui lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.