Been a week since operation

Posted , 11 users are following.

Been a week since operation feel very down just now got lots going on and feel like a prisoner in my body because I can't do anything please tell me this gets better. The stiches still hurt pooing is a nightmare and bladder well seems to be working. How long did you all have to wait for a follow up to see all is well.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

It’s been 9 weeks for me and I was given a full release to do anything at 6 weeks. I feel so much better. I’d say around week 3 you start to feel way better and your bowel movements get easier. Hang in there, the prisoner feeling goes away as soon as your bodily functions get back to a new normal. I’m still struggling with the uncomfortable sex..it’s so tender inside and out still but I’ve heard others say it takes quite some time for that to feel better. (I hope so) ❤️ 
    • Posted

Thank you just don't feel like I'm me anymore.. I'm worried it will put a wedge between hubby and me and it's like there is no light at the end of the tunnel. Although he is doing e berthing for me I guess he doesn't know how bad I feel now and don't want to talk to him about the way I feel just now.

• Posted

Ahh very early days, try to talk to your husband, just let him know how down you are, I’m sure he’d want to know.

• Posted

A week is no time at all after this surgery, have you tried magnesium citrate tablets for easy bm’s, makes all the difference.

Just try to get to grips with the thought this is the worst time for you, it’s awful, it’s painful, you don’t know what to do with yourself, it’s the end of the world. But it is only a week, you had major surgery, major very painful and hard surgery. No one told you it was going to be so bad.

Theres a lot more resting and healing to do before you feel better, but you will. Just accept this is time you need to invest in getting yourself better.

It can take up to a year to totally heal and feel near normal. Most follow ups are at six weeks, until then, do what you have to to get through the next five weeks, little walks round the house, watch tv, let others do everything, you’re not fit to.

Bear with it, you’ll feel better each week, but not lying, it’s a slow recovery. Take care.x.

• Posted

Thanks Hun , I'm just having a bad time just now can't seem to do anything right and plus I'm so sorry today it has got me very down sand you are so right nobody. Said it would be this sore x

• Posted

Hang in there Sue!! It is awful, I was weepy and anxious a lot. Between 4-6 weeks I started to feel better. I still lie down a lot at 10 weeks! Try not to worry. I still take softeners. It will be ok if you rest more than you think you need to. Take care, R
    • Posted

Thanks I know it's early but tonight for the first time I feel the swollen parts inside andxache so much I'm so glad I found this site though the advice is really helpful and the support us really needed xx

• Posted

Hi Sue,

It took me ages and lots of telling off by family to just do nothing.  I’m now in week 10 and have just started to feel myself again.

It is a major operation and lots of healing time is needed.

When else will you get to be looked after, I found this very hard as my youngest is only 20 months.

I thought I would feel fine to go back to work at 9 weeks but at my 7 week check up it was extended to the full 12 weeks.

Please just get into the zone of doing nothing. It will drive you mad but it’s not worth undoing any work.

My mum and husband were doing all the harder, twisting  jobs like hoovering and hubby even did the ironing pile every Sunday.  You will feel so tired and swollen if you do too much.

Take care and make the most of doing nothing ! Xx 

I found laxatives and putting feet up on a foot stool when doing BM really helped.

• Posted

Thank you I'm just really finding it soon hard and I feel so useless as well BM are such a nightmare I'm so scared in case I push accidentally and pop the stiches

• Posted

I know exactly how you feel. I jut took the stool softeners and because I wasn’t going anywhere and if I’d not been for a BM for a couple of days I took some Senokot so as I didn’t strain.

I had a few times when I thought I had overdone it. Like when try to do some jobs as they weren’t “done right” but it really did tire me out. 

You will feel rubbish and sad and down, I felt like all these things but I can say on week 10 I feel back to normal and am just walking lots to build my strength back up before work. Xxx

• Posted

And I still have a row of stitches that haven’t dissolved yet ! Hubby endured what he described as barbed wire 😬 ouch ! With a few nicks to go with it! 

We laughed as we said we had to just stick to heavy petting like teenagers 😂 

• Posted

Oh that cheers me up bless him heavy letting it will be then lol
  • Posted

Days 3-7 I think were the worst. O also was not expecting the pain & discomfort. I felt like I was stuffed with a cactus -- and sitting on a cactus. Even now at 5 weeks I have to sit delicately. I had to get proactive with the bowels after the initial constipation. Green tea seems to be helping the most.

I was cleared for light duty at work at 2 weeks but it will be at least a few more weeks for sex since I am still full of stitches.

• Posted

Hi hun

You will hurt for weeks yet.. Id day at least a month before you feel more yourself.

Advice for you.

1. Rest Rest and nothing more for a month

2.take movicol every day 3 times a day for soft easy poo

3.no looking or feeling.

4 know you will get better as each week goes by

5. If you get bad pains or bleed more than usual then straight back to surgeon.

You will feel like doing things but resist as your healing tissues inside vagina can take months to heal,this is normal hun.

I'm 16 wks tvh and anterior and I still have internal stitches Come away,very fine but I see them in my underwear If they are black.

Good luckx

• Posted

Weesue, this surgery and recovery are NOT for sissies! They just do not tell us just how strong we have to be both mentally and physically. The first week home was so hard for me. First I had a migraine and upchucking with stitches was no fun at all! Dr gave me nausea medicine that constipated me. I literally had 4 hours of “timed contractions” like I was about to give birth. I finally passed such hard dry bowl movement that I felt like I vaginally delivered a 10 lb BIG HEADED baby! I just knew I had ripped every stitch the surgeon had sewn in there completely out. I had my one and only check up at 4 weeks. I expressed my fears to the doctor. She kind of smiled had reassured me that the stitching is so strong not even that would tear them apart. Later I had the bulge in the vagina but just told myself that the doctor had said all looked fine and reminded myself that lots of other ladies on here had that “cystocele-like” bulge that scared them but it was all normal. I think it is normal to be weepy a little bit but I remind myself that time spent healing properly now is an investment in the future NEW or least back to the normal bathroom habits I used to have in days before stage 4 cystocele and rectocele!

I know we women are accustomed to doing it all but now is the time for you to let it go...look the other way...and around 12 weeks post op you will feel a lot more like you have a future and purpose in life again! Early on, I just redirected my thoughts to something constructive when I began to think on those negative thoughts. Remind yourself you are a strong woman...just not right now. Let your hubby and family show their love to you...after all...love is an ACTION word! Take care and prayers for strength for you both mentally and physically...you have many more days of healing to come. Remember to read these posts...they are a life saver ??🙏

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.