Been a week since operation

Posted , 11 users are following.

Been a week since operation feel very down just now got lots going on and feel like a prisoner in my body because I can't do anything please tell me this gets better. The stiches still hurt pooing is a nightmare and bladder well seems to be working. How long did you all have to wait for a follow up to see all is well.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Weesue, I know lots of others have replied but I wanted to let you know that I felt exactly the same. The first two weeks were awful. I too felt so low. I felt like I turned a corner at 4 weeks (although I appreciate that feels like a long way off right now). I couldnt go to the toilet for a week after the op - I was given movicol. It takes a little while to work but does. The first one is scary but it becomes much easier. This operation was much harder than I could ever have imagined and like others, I thought I would be back at work by 6 weeks. I’ve since been signed off another 4 weeks as I still have internal stitching and swelling. Hang in there, it will get better (albeit slowly). With so much time on my hands, I over thought everything - this forum was (and still is) a god send. My advice is to stay away from mirrors - I looked like a war zone until week 4-6 and it caused me more anxiety.  My check up with the surgeon was at 6 weeks but I saw my doctor at 2 weeks because I wanted reassurance that all was well. It will get better; everyday you will feel a little stronger. Wishing you well in your recovery. 
  • Posted

I just had surgery on 6-1-2018 it's just a little over a week too i to have the same problem of going to have a bm and just yesterday had to go back to the dr cause I was bleeding heavy for2 days he said im healing good he just had to cortroised a spot inside that was opened but today I'm still bleeding which he said is going to happen till its all healed i really hope. It stops soon i don't like it it makes me uncomfortable but as far pain it ain't to bad i feel pressure now and then and butt feels like it going to fall

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.