Been prescribed 10mg....

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello, I was prescribed 10mg of citalopram yesterday....I haven't started taking them yet though...I was given 20mg over a year ago but only stuck to it for a week so can't remember much....but is there a best Time to take them?? Like in the evening?? Also, I know it says not to have alcohol whilst taking these but it's my 21st at the start of July and would like to have a drink but if it's really not recommended then I won't....

Any help would be appreciated smile

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Nicola,

I hope you took the sensible option. Took the tablets and stayed off the alcohol but I've a funny feeling that you would have put off taking them until after your party. This is a drug that takes some time to get into your system and you must stick with it by that I mean at least four weeks. Do not decide to just come off them as the side effects will be most unpleasant. Also no alcohol. You can get some great non-alcoholic beer now and wine for that matter you can drink that instead.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.