Been put on citalopram for anxiety and not sleeping, sleeping is worse!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been taking these pills for about 10 days and initially the side effects were awful, nausea, sick, no appetite, more anxious and virtually no sleep. After taking first pill in morning I realised it made me sleepy so switched to taking before bed in the hope it would help with my sleeping. Unfortunately not - did get one good night at weekend and felt so much better yesterday but last night it's like back to square one. Anyone got similar experience - currently on 10mg citalopram and don't see doctor again till November.

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

AS YOU NOTICE IN THE BLOGS I DIDN'T RESPOND WELL ON 10 MG. WHICH APPARENTLY UPSET PEOPLE.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.