Been put on diasepram

Posted , 4 users are following.

Anyone else had this for there fibro flare ups

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Diazepam is not usually prescribed for fibro flare ups !. my understanding of fibro flare up is an increase in pain, you should be on a primary pain medication for treating your fibromyalgia . The only reason for adding in diazepam is for muscle relaxing properties for your spasms or stiffness it can help to reduce pain a little loosening the muscles but it should not be prescribed on its own without a full evaluation of what your flare up consist of.

Be carefulm

• Posted

I was only given it for a week to help the really bad muscles spasm in my back as every muscle had gone in too spasm and my spine was especially sensertive it's done the trick anyway feeling much better iam on other medication for my fibro too and have had this for 3years now but recently getting worse

• Posted

Have they given you a longer term muscle relaxer. There are many types

they dont work for everybody but might be worth trying.

I find the stiffness and spasms unbearable!

Hang in there. ☺

• Posted

I am only on 600mg gapapentin for.my fibrosis as well as.my anti depressants just got. back. from a really hard pip assessment feeling rather fatigue now I was being honest and letting them.know I'd got worse since last year when I was awarded but it's so draining going threw it all again

• Posted

I get shocking muscle spasms still and everywhere, I only just found this out a few months ago.  I was advised by a naturopath  and nurse friend to buy a bottle of  magnesium oil spray- ( never heard of it) it's not oily...it's just the name, it's awesome, I either spray it on the muscle and rub it right in or spray it on my hand then rub it in a sore or spasming muscle, depending on wether I can reach it with the bottle,  really good for pain too, I honestly couldn't believe how quick and good it was. I do take magnesium tabs twice the daily dose but this being topical it goes right to the spot and doesn't  get diluted via any organs..it's quite xpchap too- it's really only Epsom salts. And we all know how good a soak in a ES bath is, hope you find what works for you soon, we are all so different, be blessed sarapainfree, have a lovely day.😘💐💐

• Posted

Thank you I love nothing more than a long hot muscle soak bath every nite I use deep freeze jels for.my pain and also a hot wheat bag sometimes helps especially with my neck I too suffer with the spasam all over and only two weeks ago it started to effect my back and muscles around the spine and had a ambulance called as I couldn't walk doing much better now that side of it has settled down many thanks take care I will look in to the oil as well smile

• Posted

Oh that process is designed to put people off.

Just keep in mind that the general acceptance among medical professionals involved with fibro is that very few sufferers improve over time the majority either stay the same or deteriorate..

Whilst at bad news for us sufferers it does give weight to any future PIP claims once you have had the first one accepted

They would be hard pressed to argue to the contrary in any appeal.

• Posted

Well fingers crossed it all gets excepted I have given them anuff evidence to back up everything iv told them will keep u updated
    • Posted

This is what I did, I allowed them to contact my gp and get my records as back as they wanted, I had nothing to hide, so they asked for me to sign over all my medical records even for the past 12-18 months,that's what they did and they couldn't believe the amount of notes, however that totally went in my favour as it was all down in black and white, every visit to me doctor was inside there, the dwp said, 'o my goodness this person is really unwell'

i was able to prove my limits and my needs on a day to day, I've been relying on friends and family for a good time now mainly because I didn't want to appeal at the board as it was making things so much worse

• Posted

Well iv given them letters.off go and hospital I was awarded standard rate care and mobility last year but have recently got worse where I ended up with a ambulance and at hospital so fingers crossed this will all go on my favour but u just never know with the Syston these days u do the rite thing telling them if u get worse but it's all a gamble and the assessment people are not so nice either

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.