Been taking klonopin

Posted , 7 users are following.

Been taking klonopin for 2 months now at 0.25 dosage daily , is this bad?I'm really scared to get hooked on them

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

You will NOT get "hooked" on them!!! As long as you are taking them like your doctor instructed you to. That is a very low dose too. Also stop worrying about getting hooked on them if they are working for you, do they help you control your symptoms, do they make you feel better, do you have any bothersome side effects? I mean as long as they are helping you and you aren't taking them more than you were told to, you are going to be fine. I have been on all kinds of medications in my 20+ years of being diagnosed with anxiety, still not hooked on any of them. I have always taken my medications as prescribed and they were always at the lowest dosages anyway. It is when people try to self medicate or try to adjust their own dosing that they run into problems. I was taking 0.5 mg of Klonopin up to 3 times a day but usually just once in the morning and once at bedtime. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.