bending after surgery

Posted , 19 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

Hi

I had my posterior prolapse surgery Thursday. Home Friday. Saturday quite chipper. Today feel tired achy a bit like period ache. I have been a bit busy picking bits up off the floor. No heavy stuff is this doing too much?

1 like, 54 replies

54 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Everyone

It has been so helpful this site and I am grateful to everyone that has responded to my posts.

Just another question :-) there is always another one eh!

How long are you all wearing the lovely stockings for? im fed up with mine already

W

• Posted

Hi,

I was told to wear them for 6 weeks. I'm 3 weeks post op and I'm fed up with mine too. You are supposed to wear them for 22 hours a day apparently. I've just been wearing mine in the day as it feels really warm at night.

• Posted

I was told to wear mine for six weeks but I took them off at night if it was too hot and if I went out during the day. I complained to my gynae about them and she said wearing the socks is a small price to pay for avoiding a DVT. When you put it like that......smile. I still wear mine if I am flying anywhere. If you read up about DVT you're in a higher risk group if you've had abdominal surgery. Re the driving: my gynae told me I can drive when I feellike it but I had keyhole surgery and IHO the non driving condition was for those who had an incision. 
  • Posted

urgh six weeks .. 6 days is too much but i am a big girl and aware i am at more risk of dvt  than my slimmer fellow females:-(
  • Posted

This is sooo weird but here in the states, as far as I know, for me at least Im not given these things. I wasnt, was anyone else in the states given them? wth?  I had leg compressors during surgery and immediately after but nothng after that?  Im wondering about our heathcare differences between the uk and the states. very scarey to see the differences.  And to see its all women, has anyone seen any man who has had this surgery? I have yet to see one?  recotcele posterior of course?
    • Posted

I'm in  Aus and common practice here to be given compression,socks after particular types of surgery. As we were checking out of the hospital you could tell who had been the patients by all the white socks lol! 
    • Posted

where I had mine in the uk everyone was wearing their stockings in the waiting room before surgery lol... 
    • Posted

not sure if men have this surgery in the same way they have no female genitalia fo entry tee hee ;-) because a lot of need to have surgery due to child birth causing problems not sure if men even have this problem?? if anyone knows please enlighten us 
  • Posted

referring to posterior rectocele of course.  My doc said it is caused by childbearing and also by straining for a BM.  Im sure there have to be some men out there who strain during BM's.  But then again, they probably just dont care. LOL
  • Posted

I'm having a rectocele and vaginal prolapse surgery on Dec.18th.also I'll have a bladder lift with sling and some other thing to keep me from coming back a year or two later for wetting myself. Also thelll check me for suspected endometriosis and scar tissue. Also they'll get a hands on eyes on assessments of a large abdominal blood vessel mass too.he says I'm complicated and so I'm nervous about it. Does anyone else have multiple things being corrected and does this mean my recovery will be the same or will it be longer??
  • Posted

Also..I have suspected crohnes.on meds to correct the inflammation before surgery. Seems a lot better.I am allergic to opiates all kinds so...how will I deal with pain???he said they may keep me in hospitals a few days or a week.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.