Benefit Cuts effecting cfs/me claimaints

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I have just had an email from a very good friend of mine who has gone on the Benefits and Work Site.  Here you can read about the possible hidden benefit cuts that could take place after the election.  I do not want to get political but I WOULD STRONGLY URGE ALL OF YOU who are in receipt of PIP, DLA, ESA,JSA to read the newsletter 8th April on this site.  It is very worrying.  My friend is a volunteer benefit advisor and expressed the need for me to tell and inform anyone who has this debilitating condition to read this a.s.a.p.. Please go to www.benefitsandwork.co.uk click on news and then click on 8th April 2015 newsletter, where you will see what I am referring to.

My feeling is that we have to try and stop this as much as we can, we have to fight for what we are entitled to, and this can have a major impact on our condition for a long time to come.

Regards

Tinax

1 like, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Tina

Thanks for this.  I also subscribe to the B & W website but I haven't been paying much attention lately as I have been too ill.  I have read the initial article but unless I'm missing something, I can't see how this effects people with CFS more than others.  The questionnaires are about functionality not the actual illness.  Can you please point me in the right direction.

Incidentally, I will post some new info I have from the US which I will be sending directly to IDS, the PM, as well as Labour Party and SNP health/welfare MPs/MEPs/MSPs.  This is a review of CFS/ME by the highest US authority on medicine.  It clearly redefines our illness as a systemic disease with most of the evidence pointing to a mitrochondrial disease.  It has been widely publicised in the US and the NIH (a bit like NICE and SIGN) have already decided to pull their guidance re: psychiatrists, psychologists and graded exercise therapy type interventions because the research clearly indicates that we DO NOT HAVE A PSYCHOSOMATIC ILLNESS.

Somebody please remind me if I forget.  I'm slightly 'with it' this morning but it probably won't last.  Send me a PM.

Thanks.  Hang on in there fellow (former) victims!

Christine

• Posted

hi christine. thanks for this. could u let us have a link address for this latest research? btw, even after i had mitochondrial screening (blood tests) that clearly & scientifically diagnosed mitochondrial failure, i was told my symptoms were by my GP.

Caitlin

• Posted

Hi Christine,

You are correct it effects loads of individuals.  Just  a point that we all ought to take this seriously, as it is hard enough to get benefits with cfs/me at present without the government taxing, and removing some of them.  As we all know stress makes the illness worse, (well this is the case for me).  When you are being assessed the assessor finds it hard to understand that one day you may be able to carry out tasks and another not, or the same hour by hour.  For the PIP it was a grilling, something I would rather forget to be honest.  I was luck with the ESA as my G.P. supported me greatlyl

Hope all of you who are going through the current benefit system, are holding in there and don't give up.

Tx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.