Benefit fraud

Posted , 9 users are following.

I've had a letter come through questioning me on my health stating that they are putting me under caution and that I have to come in for an interview over my Pip and income support and find out how my health affects me yet I have all medical evidence backing my ill health. anyone know what's going to happen it's caused me to shake uncontrollably and panicking over this

0 likes, 43 replies

43 Replies

Next
  • Posted

HI Toni

My advice to you would be to get someone to go with you.They will have evidence to back up what they say and will have done their homework before asking you to cone in under caution.

My friend is an advocate she acts as an appropriate adult in these cases ....you can ask for one of them to represent you if you have mental health/depression.

Good Luck.

• Posted

I've got my kids early help worker coming round tomorrow to look at this letter and see what she can do as she knows I have problems and how much my kids

• Posted

Hi,

First and foremost if you are a genuine claimant then you have done nothing wrong. Someone may have contacted the dwp either out of malice or a misunderstood action on your part.

Or, a computer glitch. As long as you have evidence of your ailment /ailments, you will be okay.

Good luck and try to calm yourself .

Mike.

• Posted

this is what I'm thinking as I keep myself to myself I don't really see anyone I don't have any friends it is literally just me and the kids and when their Dad comes up to help me out with them or to get me to my and when their Dad comes up to help me out with them or to get me to my appointments there's one person I can think of that would do anything like this to me just to get at him but other than that I have no clue I've got medical evidence backing up what I've told Pip which Pip also have that evidence and I'm still being and I'm still being seen by msk for further investigations into my problems

• Posted

Toni try not to worry ...if you have medical evidence backing up your conditions then you have nothing to worry about. If someone has done this out of malice then it can be cleared up when you go for the interview.Take all your evidence with you and you should be fine.

• Posted

Hi. PIP is based on how your"e medical problems "effect" you. Not so much on what med records state you have wrong. Not sure why they mention IS as well though.Good luck.

• Posted

I don't get it iver but I have spoken to the lady investergating me and she told me to bring everything I have with me when I go see her it's just a pain every time something starts togo right for me something knocks me back down again

• Posted

Do you think it's more income support related simply for the fact you mention your ☓ coming round, do you think someone has reported him as living their, some people have strange ways of living their lives and hopefully whatever has come up will be sorted when you have your interview, it's not often though that the DWP don't do lots of investigations before they go this drastic route.

• Posted

I honestly have no clue as she's stated about my health and who lives at mine if it is that then I'll no whos put in the fake report about me as I had to report them for following my 10yr old and scaring her

• Posted

Try not to worry about it till you go to interview and like another peep said, take someone with you, they will record it and give you a copy as well and you will get a written transcript as well

I have been a partner to a few of these, their not nearly as scary as you imagine

• Posted

Hi,

Is it for Income Support or PIP? Income Support is a means tested benefit and PIP isn't. I also think it's about Income Support rather than PIP.

Do you have savings/capital that exceeds £6,000?

How often does your ex come to visit? Do they stay overnight?

Have they asked you to take bank statements to the interview?

Did you actually ring the number on the letter to ask what it's about? Usually those letters give you very little information. I'd also be very surprised if it's for both PIP and Income Support.

• Posted

it is for both and it asks about my health the only thing I've been asked to bring is my medical evidence. I have no savings my ex at the moment comes round every day after I got assaulted because come the after noon I'm completely useless due to the pain She doesn't want to see bank statements and yes I did ring the number on the letter to see what this is about and she is interested in my health and how it effects me

• Posted

What's the reason you're claiming Income Support? Do you claim Carers allowance for looking after someone? or do you have a child under 5?

• Posted

Also when you claimed PIP did you base the form or answers at the assessment on your worst day? As it's an interview under caution then they will have evidence already, they may even have video evidence which means they could have been watching you.

I'd 100% agree with others and take someone with you to the interview. After the interview if they still think it's fraud then they could stop your money.

• Posted

I was getting it for two reasons a child under 5 and claiming carers for them now it's just claiming carers for them yeah course it was done on my worst day even my face to face I was having a real bad day. the only thing I can think of but they could have seen anything of me is the day I tried to take my daughter to see her new school and ended up having to get picked up because my hip locked in place and it was so painful I couldn't move or even get home as apart from that I don't go any where or see anyone appart from going to my appoiments

• Posted

Basing the claim on your worst day isn't a great idea and people should never ever do this. PIP isn't about your worst day, it's how you are at least 50% of the time over a 12 month period. If you have good and bad days, you should have told them this.

I see people sometimes giving advice to fill the forms out based on your worst day and it makes me cringe.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.