benefits

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi my partner recieved a letter saying he was award pip enchaned dailly but we are a bit confused and need a bit help he was claiming dla lower rate care and he had to claim pip but we have still been getting 88.20 a month while we waited for a answer from pip but his pip dont go into his account untill the 4 of october this is what they owe him from the 7th september 2016 till the 3rd october 2016 and we are due to recieve a payment from dla on the 17th august so will this be a normal payment of 88.oo ppound or his pip i am so confused lol x

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I'm confused too. Sorry. Think you better call them. Congratulations on getting enhanced pip. That's positive x

• Posted

Me too.  I received my awad letter today too.  My last DLA will be paid on 16th of August and the letter states that I will be paid PIP on 4th October which will be for the period from 7th September to 3rd of October.  So I am wondering if the DLA I get paid on the 16th will be worked out to cover me up to 6th September (the day befor my PIP starts)  I am confused too - they don't word it very well!  I suppose I will just have to wait and seee what goes into my account on 16th! eek

• Posted

i guess we both in same boat lol your letter was just like my partners so little info will just have to wait i guess lol x
    • Posted

Yes!  I will check my account on Tue (16th) and let you know.  I am still bound to be confused though eek

• Posted

They also said that I will receive payments every 4 weeks on a Tuesday following the 4th Oct.
    • Posted

Yeah I'm same they just tell you that they can't pay it until a month after the descision.  Which for me is 3 weeks after my DLA is due . 

But the DlA is paid in arrears so really you should get your last payment of dla in the same month.

Thats what I'm hoping anyway

• Posted

Hi  Tcake 

my award actually starts on the 7th September and the money I will be getting on the 28th is a reduced amount.

so if I am right my last DLA payment should be on the 6 th Sep which is a day before my award starts.

• Posted

Benefit's are paid in arrears. Therefore one month after the start of your PIP claim you will receive the new amount of benefit.

• Posted

My dla is due on the 6th and my pip is not being paid till the 28 September, so I should get my last payment of dla on the 6th September as it is paid in arrears, and then my PIP will start on the 28th .
    • Posted

my last dla should be 13th September if it is paid in arrears - I was thinking it was the 16th of this month doh!  
  • Posted

I hope that reply helped Michelle . 

i have got a letter saying when my PIP starts which has helped me work it out , if you haven't got that letter then only thing you can do is to ring them on monday.

• Posted

Hi Michelle,

It maybe because of a DWP issue, it has it national news in newspapers, in the past fortnight.

Some claimants have been paid DLA and PIP - only claimants that have been supposedly swapped over from DLA to PIP, you should receive one paymemt for each period.

If you end up with payments being made from DLA and PIP, do not spend the DLA, it is classed as an 'over-payment' and the DWP will take it back from your next PIP payment.

It is not your fault, the DWP need to update their software and hardware - because it cannot cope with demand at the moment, and its only set to become worse.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

yes, I think I will check once pip starts being paid! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.