Best Hemorrhoids Message Boards?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hey, this site is probably the best/most active hemorrhoids discussion group as of 2019. Healthboards used to be pretty good as well before it was taken over by insane moderators who ban users and edit posts to an Orwellian degree. As a result, that community is pretty much dead now.

Are there any other good sites online with an active, engaged community sharing stories and asking questions about hemorrhoids (or hey, any other medical issue)?

1 like, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

you know since i had my done last year in july i,m doing great my health is now good my running is up too where it should i,m doing so much now. there for awhile i was limited on what i could . no one want too get rid of it. i had too fight fight fight . and i won. pain very little . walking the next day.travis holtat o s f here in bloomington,ill did awsome job. he told me what would be going on and you know what?? he was right on the money for everything . really with in 5 days i was getting better. with in a week alot better. with in 3 weeks i was almost back too normal, in 1 month i was feeling suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper . i was coming back fast on everything i miss. today i,m doing suppppppppppppppppppppppppper.but travis holt o s f bloominton ill awsome awsome awsome thomascrain

• Posted

Good to hear of another success story. I just had mine removed Jan 3 2019 and beside a very little tenderness and some small bumps that get smaller every day, I would say that I am 100% already. I was also up and walking by day 2. The first week is rough but after that things improved quickly. I started my exercise routine and afternoon 3 mile walks by week 3. It is amazing how good it feels to be back to "normal" butt wise. I had suffered with hemis for so long, I seriously forgot what normal was. No more sitting on the toilet forever, or having to push hemorrhoids back in when I exercised or hiked, or have them bleed unexpectedly. I hope that more people out there will have similar success with their operations. The best advise I can give anyone is to be sure to research your surgeon. Pick an experienced colon/rectal surgeon and pay attention to your diet.

• Posted

Congrats, Sue! How many did you have removed? Was it a traditional hemorrhoidectomy?

• Posted

you and i had the same thing by week 3 i was looking good.but when it was itching i knew it was heeling very good but it felt great when it was heeling .oh also make sure your drinking alot of water everyday that help alot i still do drink alot of water everyday

• Posted

I had 3 big internal hemorrhoids and was told I had externals removed also, not sure how many. Cut and stitched, not banded

• Posted

Yes yes yes on lots of water. I got myself a big 24 oz cup with a straw. I try to finish one of those mid morning and another at lunch. On top of that I do at two different times, two 8 oz glasses of water with a tsp of fiber supplement, plus my morning tea. I try for 50 grams of fiber a day which includes the 6 grams from the fiber supplement. This was a major change from my old diet that was a lot less water and fiber. Oatmeal and a high fiber whole wheat bread are 2 great ways to increase fiber intake, plus vegies and fruit

• Posted

yes i drink lots of water also around 100 yi 120 oz daily! USE CITRACEL FIRST THING IN THE MORNING EAT EITHER raisin bran or oatmeal in morning have apple or banana for snack I eat maybe 20 grams of fiber use 2 softeners daily just recently starting 1 or 2 tsp coconut oil in a.m. for it pass easier! IF I GET TOO MUCH FIBER I GET CONSTIPATED! STILL TENDAR IM ON 15 weeks post operation of 2 column internal and external! ITS A MIND GAME SOME DAYS ARE BETTER THAN OTHERS, went to surgeon wednesday with questions she said i was fine i developed a bridge that I WISH would recede and heal! She says I can hurt up TO 1 year crazy ! VERY frustrated has anyone used aloe vera for soothing of what is left

• Posted

Sorry to hear that you are still suffering after 15 weeks! It's so sad reading all the similar reports of long recoveries. For you, it certainly isn't from lack of drinking too much water!! I feel like I'm drowning trying to get 64 oz in daily!! Beside the couple initial painful BMs, the part I hated the worse was not being able to sit - but for me that was only the first couple weeks. Did you ever try a generic fiber supplement? I'm curious whether the Citracel actually does cause less gas, as they advertise. That's an issue for me using the supplement twice daily. I wish you luck and hope things get better soon for you.

• Posted

not for sure what u mean to generic i tryed metamucil for 1 week before surgery but it provided to much bulk so i switched to citracel my surgeon told me i could take miralax also with the softener but want my body dependent on to much! where she removed my internals and couple of externals the swelling tag is worse i tryed icing it doesnt seeem to do anything do if it were a hemmie i would think it would help it i really expected much better results after all i endured! HOPEFULLY sooner than later it will get better for me

• Posted

The generic fiber supplement (from Walmart) I take is the same as metamucil only cheaper, and I only take 1 tsp twice daily not the 3 the directions call for. My doctor told me that this bulking agent gently dilates the anus and prevents anal stenosis or narrowing. I stopped the stool softener on day 3 after I stopped taking the oxycodone. I felt that soaking in a bath once or twice daily really helped with the swelling tag discomfort. Also my doctor told me not to put anything on the area, just keep it clean and dry. I hope things get better for you soon also!

• Posted

hello Thomas. Pls what procedure did u use in getting rid of your piles. pls, as I have been suffering for morethan 20 years with it. and where did you have it done.. will be waiting for your quick reply

• Posted

Curious are most posters here from UK or US? The language used is giving me a hint, UK ? Wondering if medical procedures are different ?

I am a week out from my first visit with a Colorectal Doc for exam to see if I need surgery or what ? From reading here....it sounds like I need to be much worse off than some described here in order to get a hemorrhoid removal surgery. I've had Hems for about 28 years but have just been a minor issue until recently. I am 62 and in US, west coast.

• Posted

i am 4 months post op and although i am much better then i was prior to surgery, i still have some ways to go... i had 2 external thrombosed hems removed. and i am left with 2 what i think are smaller versions of hemroids but my dr calls "tags" still there, which i dont think will be going away anytime soon.. and i'm ok with that as long as they don't cause me any pain, swelling or itching. My biggest problem is i still become constipated and thats not a good thing.. i eat lots of fiber, drink enough water to fill up at bathtub and overall eat very healthy. i find myself having to take a stool softner every now and then and a spoonful of metemucil every morning. my dr also said it could take up to a year!!! does anyone else still have tags left after surgery? do they go away? and i always feel that i never can "complete" a BM... it always seems to feel like i have to push.

• Posted

I ALSO HAVE SOME SOME TAGS LEFT THAT IF SIT VERY LONG ARE EXTREMELY TENDAR! Its been 3 months since my surgery its aggravating in the least! Hoping one day to wake up tags gone and pain free!

• Posted

glad to hear im not the only one! i dont have pain just get very sore still if i become constipated and i have to push. i actually used ice today, havent done that since surgery. well if they say a year i have 8 months to go:(

• Posted

yes i ice usually once a day sometimes twice and soak in tub once a day, when i get constipated sometimes i have had to get in tub and relax those and go in there and clean up! DONT WANT TO end up again with all those nasty things! i take citracel in morning 2 fiber softeners through out the day eat lots of fiber and take miralax at night! seems to help

• Posted

are you still taking anything for pain? no pain here just still feel like i have a small golf ball back there. i try to lay off the merilax or i will be in the toilet all day!! the ice and vasaline with coco butter feels food on them! hoping the stool softner works for me!

• Posted

got it! ive also been taking a teaspoonful of chia seeds in my cereal. they say its good giber and going to the bathroom!

• Posted

wonder if i tried chia seeds i could back off on the softeners i hate having my body dependent on them

• Posted

i would try them! you dont want to have to rely on the softeners every day.. it really works!!

• Posted

i will have yo get me some is there a certain kind thats better and safer than other brands?

• Posted

i got mine at a health food store but if you live in the states go to costco. they have a big package there! you can even pit a spoonful in your water!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.