best pain relief

Posted , 9 users are following.

I was diagnosed by ultrasound with multiple gallstones 6mths ago. Decided on referal 3 1/2mths gone and not heard a thing till after a really bad attack last night, I rung hospital today. Apparently they somehow put thier letter to me inside my file instead of sending it to me !. Thats our wonderful NHS for you. anyway I've got appt to see consultant in two weeks and I'm shaking with nerves at the propect of surgery.

Meanwhile I see from some posts that Codeine is not a good analgesic for gallbladder pain. As i have taken Co-codamol with varying effect, can anyone advse what drug is best.

Thank you.

0 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi happyalien

I'm sorry to hear you're still feeling rotten. I'm coming to the conclusion that this op is far from as easy that doctors say it is. I know I'm not as far along as yourself, but I too am very easly tired out after things like walking my dog, I can drive now so I just take her to a local park and let her exercise herself !I've had awful pain in the umbilical wound and surround since the op and am still having to take pain killers. Yesterday it discharged a load of gunk, so I was at doctors this morning and now on anti b's.

Don't go back to work till you feel fully recovered, you don't want to set yourself back. Hope you feel better very soon.

Regards

• Posted

Oh dear, I said to get it checked out, you have / had a abscess, Co-amoxiclav (or something) for you then? :? The Op itself is straightforward, it's the aftermath that can take some getting used to, the majority of people seem to be able to get on with their lives fairly quickly, others less so, and a small minority (like me) it can leave you crippled forever, given the choice between a moldy old GB and how I feel now I would take my GB back without a moments hesitation and I'm not joking sad
  • Posted

Back in work today - it was definitely a struggle and I'm absolutely knackered now, although being out and doing something has made me feel better.

My plan is to keep it together for the next 3 weeks then it's summer hols (perks of teaching) and hopefully I can enjoy the break gallbladder pain free :-)

• Posted

Hi everyone, 

im sat here in the midst of my second attack in 3 days, not really eaten anything bad today but Its come on regardless sad. I'm waiting for my op date and wondered what everyone's feelings were, long after surgery. My surgeon has warned me of the complications and the fact that there is a chance that the pain will still continue. Has anyone found that this is true? Hopefully everyone is fully recovered and living super awesome lives againsmile

• Posted

Hi guys can you please tell me what's the best painkiller for gallstones pain

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.