Best stool softener available in the UK please

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hoping someone can recommend one that works please

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Cosmocol worked for me very well. Boots,orange flavour.movicol too have on before lunch. When you wake up before breakfast have 2-4 glass of hot water . That’s about 30 minutes before breakfast. Obviously you know about diet alote.
  • Posted

Avoid stool softeners, they expensive and they don't work, your body adapts to them making them useless. The best stool softener is liquids, drink as many liquids as you can, water, juice, whatever your favourite liquid is. It takes your body a while to acclimatize to the liquids so don't expect a miracle overnight, just keep drinking liquids every day and you will notice the difference over time.

Here some more info

https://healthyfixation.com/healthadvice/healthissues/chronic-anal-fissure/?

• Posted

I used to take 2 Senna at night also when I first had the fissure plus the 2 Movicol now I just take the Movicol 

Mix with the correct amount of water I put squash in it also 

One in afternoon 

My surgeon swapped me from lactulose to Movicol and it does the trick 

• Posted

Your so welcome 

I take two though one am

One pm 

Like the other posts lots of water ( as much as you can take ) you could mix them both up put in fridge and drink throughout day 

Again it’s helped my fissure heal 

Get in on prescription the Movicol is expensive laxido is cheaper 

• Posted

I'll ask my GP to prescribe some tomorrow ....I don't ordinarily have any prescriptions but I've bought a pre paid certificate for this fissure!!!

• Posted

THats a good idea as I’ve spent lots in this damn thing

Laxido is cheap Movicol expensive 

If you can get ya script same day if not laxido about £4

• Posted

No exactly the same just Movicol higher branded 

I’m taking laxido at present as was given lots by a friend 

However my surgeon stated Movicol so for the last 2 months been on that but swap to laxido last week I’ve noticed no difference - where in the UK are u

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.