Best wishes to OldFatGuy

Posted , 27 users are following.

Just thought I'd wish Old Fat Guy (think we need a proper name?) the all the very best for his operation tomorrow.

I, like everyone on here, values your advice and support and this is the nearest we can get to a get well card, so I wish you a speedy recovery and hope to see you back on here soon!

Best wishes,

Susan

2 likes, 40 replies

40 Replies

Next
  • Posted

YES i agree Susan...

OFG best of everything...you'll be in my thoughts tomorrow!

David

• Posted

Yeah I second that. Good luck mate and hopefully everything works out ok. You've made a lot of difference to a lot of people on this forum. Here's to a speedy recovery and if you need any advice .... try a different forum!!! 😉😉😀😀😅😀
  • Posted

Hear,hear!!!  Best of Luck. You will be in our thoughts and prayers
  • Posted

Totally agree with your comments. Many's the time I've logged on this forum feeling utterly dejected ....... only for OFG to offer his wise words. I can only hope that when I'm 78 I have his zest for life. I think someone posted recently that his name should be "Old Wise Guy" - yes it should.

So, good luck for Thursday "OWG" we'll all be rooting for you!  

• Posted

Best wishes for tomorrow to ofg a true inspiration and great help to us all on here.Hope all goes well. You are in our prayers.x
  • Posted

Yes, good luck oldfatguy, this time they will sort you out properly, best of luck, 😀
  • Posted

I've been corresponding to OFG ( also known as Roland 😊 for nearly a year now and I feel like he's an "old" ( not in the literal term) friend. Because it's been nearly a year since my TKR, I have not been on this forum for awhile, so I was unaware Roland's new TKR is tomorrow.

Roland, my friend, all the best to you tomorrow and your recovery! You've been a friend to so many on here, and you are rewarded with lots of friends wishing you well as you go through yet another surgery!

Please do let us know how you are doing!

Our thoughts to your sweet wife as well!

Betty

• Posted

Hi Betty! Good to hear from you. Finally, after 3 1/2 months, getting the new prosthesis put in to fill up the empty space. The surgeon told me this one would be easy as they will just slip out the spacer and insert the appliance. I assume he was looking at it from his perspective. I am anxious to get going. The hobbling around is beginning to bother my good knee. I had to oversee a small remodeling project last week and have been trying to get some meals cooked up and in the freezer for my wife as cooking has become a bigger hardship on her. The Parkinson's has really taken a toll mentally as well as physically the last couple of months. Her sister and brother in law are coming from the bay area in a couple if weeks to help out. I will go to a rehab unit for a couple of weeks and the kids will be in and out to check on her. I've had a lot to do in the yard before going. This spring was miserable as far as getting things going. We had over 17" of rain in May and another 5-6 in early June, now summer with heat and humidity is nearing down. Missed our CA son's wedding weekend ago but it was already 104 in Stockton that weekend so was kind of glad we didn't try. They are now in Bali on their honeymoon.

Hope you have continued to improve and are doing well now. You had a long run of it and deserve to be moving well and pain free. Thanks again for your kind words.

• Posted

Susan, thank you for reminding us about OFG's surgery tomorrow. 

His real name would be great better then OFG!

• Posted

With all your experience and foreknowledge, I imagine you know just what you are in for tomorrow, but here's hoping that it goes smoothly with no complications and that they get your pain control WELL sorted out for you.  I don't  think we can offer any advice, but certainly good wishes and positive thoughts!  smile 
  • Posted

Thanks Susan, hope to be somewhat alert by Friday morning. G uess I better be because they will be dragging my sorry butt out of bed and moving, like it or not. The 1St tkr in Oct of 04 they had me up early in the morning and again early afternoon and all went well.....same thing day 2 when stuff hit the fan. Somehow the spinal I was getting for pain got shut off and I went 6 hrs without any pain meds. They kept telling me it was alright I was being treated properly. Then a little Philippine nurse rolled me over and was horrified to find the thing wasn't working. She started hitting me with IV morphine every 15 mins for what seemed like an eternity. My wife was yelling for them to quit as she knew they were killing me and I was yelling at her to be quiet as they were professionals and she wasn't. I told her to quit worring the life insurance premiums were paid. The next day therapy people finally had to give up working with me as one of them said, it was like trying to roll a giant water balloon down the hall. Fortunately the newest method of the femoral artery wire and medication drip is far more effective but you have to remember the entire leg is much more numb.

Hope everything continues to go well for everyone here.

• Posted

Best wishes for your operation tomorrow, like everyone else has said, you have provided many nuggets of wisdom to most of us on here. We will all be thinking of you. xx
    • Posted

I'll be keeping you in my prayers for a successful surgery and recovery.

You're a great source of knowledge and information and you know what to expect. Keep us updated when you're feeling up to it, best wishes,  Patty

• Posted

All the best OFG

I think everyone has said it all and concur with them all.

I'm sure everything will go well and if there's any advice I have for you...........who am I kidding just listen to your own advice....lol👍🏻

Cheers

Tony

• Posted

Hi Off

I owe my sanity to you !!

Ditto of all that has been said.

When laying in the hospital bed after your op, please think of the warmth and well wishes from all of us and I'm sure you will come through with the " funny stories".

Wishing you a comfortable journey through this one !!

Sue x

• Posted

Yeah and as like Willdo yesterday who invited us all over for a coffee when OFG has recovered perhaps you could invite us all over for a beer!!! 🍺🍺🍺😉
    • Posted

You bet...I'll get a keg from one of the local microbreweries. But you have to remember, I'm in the states and we drink our brew just a couple of degrees above the freezing point. As a sign hanging over the bar of a friend's Steak house proclaims " our beer is ice cold, our women steaming hot and we sell unattended children as slaves"

• Posted

I add my good wishes for tomorrow to everyone else's . Wishing you a smooth operation and a well earned recovery. Good luck. 
    • Posted

All the very best to you for tomorrow OFG, your words of wisdom and experience have been my saviour on many an occasion! Good luck.
    • Posted

All the best for your op

Take care and keep in touch

Praying for you

Sarah xx

• Posted

As always, you're an inspiration to us all, OFG, even if you won't tell us your real name. But as for drinking your beer cold, down here in Australia, we drink it so cold you can't taste it! I wish you and your lovely wife all the best - it's time everything went smoothly for both of you.

You're in my thoughts,

Denise from Oz xx

• Posted

Thanks so much. My oldest son just brought in a 12 pack from a micro brewery near the university of Kansas campus. Sure tempting but better leave the system alcohol free. ' Nuf problems with pain pills and anesthesia. Have a good weekend. Its, summer, summer and hot and humid. Not a bad weekend to be in the hospital being servered ice cream and cookies on demand.

Rolland....there you go. German not. English pronunciation. I'm on Facebook...Olathe ks usa

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.