Beta blocker withdrawal symptoms

Posted , 45 users are following.

I was put on nebivolol 2.5mg for my anxiety problems, this march. My doctor had said that my heart is alright. I just stopped taking the medicine 4 days back, without lowering the dosage, because my doctor said its alright to stop immediately. So i did, and the first 2 days were alright. but since yesterday, my heart rate has become fast like before. And now im getting this weird chest pains. I am 18 years old. i just want to know how long it takes the withdrawal symptoms to go away?

0 likes, 99 replies

99 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

i really regret taking beta blockers it change my life so much . back in 2017 my anxiety kick in with panic attack sometimes i can feel my heart beat but not so much i can handle it but still im scared so i told my doctor about it he game me metropolol 100mg 2 times a day he told me its gonna help me since my blood pressure is high sometimes because of my anxiety after that i want to stop it but its too late when i stop it my heart rate go high so much palpitation every time i moved so i cut it into 50 mg every day 100 mg then after 2 years i decided to tell my doctor i wanna stop it cause he also said my heart enlarged he wants me to stop it so i didn't take it for 1 week its really hard all i did was lay down every time i go to pee and stand up my heart rate getting higher then my doctor told me to just bear it it will go away but i cant because i need to go to work he gave me propanolol inderal 20 mg a day but i take 10 mg a day at first its okay until he wants me to stop it i stop it for 2 days and im so happy cause i came at work for 2days without it and im totally fine then at day 3 after lunch i suddenly palpitate so hard that i can even feel it in my head im really scared and my anxiety get back and my acid reflux is bad then i take 10 mg again but when i go home at night i feel something heat in my body like hot flushes and i sometimes palpitate so i take propanolol as he prescribe 10 mg at morning and 10 mg at afternoon its much better but at morning i need to get up early cause it take 1hr for it to effect . i really wanna stop it and live my life before 😥😥😥😥😢😢😢 i can't even let myself tired a little causd im scared that i will palpitate i will do anything i just want my normal life back

• Posted

I'm living the same exact way for 4 years now. It's terrible, I know exactly what you're dealing with.

• Posted

Kent

I havespoken with you before. You mention 4 years? I am struggling terribly. I am on Atenolol and cannot figure out if I have withdrawals or side effects. my life is miserable with cold burning, agitation, anxiety and more. I woukd like to ask you more. may I?

• Posted

Did you finally get off of your Drug? I'm experiencing the same thing! Bad withdrawal symptoms. Chest pain/pressure, hardly any sleep, digestive issues, and much more. When I get excited it feels like it stops me from being excited over something. My name is Faith, does anyone know about how to get off of this Pill safely I don't like it?

• Posted

It means that it was too early to stop taking the medicine. You should gradually lower the dosage before coming off completely.

• Posted

I see replies talking about tapering off and this is correct. However, if your dose was 2.5 mgs that is actually the lowest dose available. It think there is no opportunity to taper off unless you cut them in half but if I recall correctly they are not scored.

I am going through similar symptoms but I dropped from 40 mgs to 20 mgs.

I was quite shocked at the withdrawal symptoms. Like you I am without answers.

• Posted

Did you experience chest tightness and shoulder pain during the withdrawal process. i have reduced the Metropropolol dosage after 2 1/2 months at 50mg to 25mg and I'm experiencing multiple side effects. Today its chest tightness and shoulder muscle aches. This is causing me great anxiety. its only been one week.

• Posted

hi

i was in Bisoprolol just two months I was taking 10 mg ,Because my blood pressure is a little high, and it was the worst day of my life. I became like an old man. My body shivering, cold feet, dizziness, dizziness and ringing in the ears. I stopped taking it only after two months of using it. Loss of energy most of the time, foggy head and dizziness sometimes I feel better, but the adrenaline in our bodies is rushing with force. I give up and I have no solution but to take vitamins. I do not want to be negative, but I am afraid that it will not come out of my body. I am 39 years old, I admit that the tinnitus with time has improved, I just feel With a band in the ear, but ringing in the ears. Note: Do not ask the doctor, because it will worsen your condition. Do not use any medication. Pregnancy and time will end this despicable drug that caused me anxiety and incomprehensible fear.

• Posted

I was put on bisoprolol 2.5 mg a day as a precaution due to family history. After about 18 months I started to get lightheaded and went to a&e where i had ecg's, x ray and echo. My BP was a bit low especially for me and my heart rate was very low, at night down to 38. Doctors told me to stop taking the bisoprolol and i have been off, without tapering for 6 days now. Ive had palpitations, high heart rate and some lightheadedness as well as pricking pains in my calves (possibly heat related?). Has anyone else had these symptoms on withdrawal and successfully got through them?

• Posted

I was on beta blockers for 30 years, taken off cold turkey. 4 years later still have rebound effect weekly. Some bad stuff!!

• Posted

It's always important to consult with a doctor before making changes to your medication regimen, especially when stopping a medication suddenly. The withdrawal symptoms you are experiencing could be related to stopping the nebivolol suddenly. Withdrawal symptoms can vary from person to person and can depend on the length of time the medication was taken and the individual's own personal physiology.

In general, it can take several days to several weeks for withdrawal symptoms to subside. It's best to speak with your doctor to discuss your symptoms and come up with a plan for managing them. Your doctor may recommend gradually reducing the dosage or switching to a different medication to minimize withdrawal symptoms.

In the meantime, if you experience chest pain or any other severe symptoms, it's important to seek medical attention immediately as it may be a sign of a more serious condition.

• Posted

I'm so glad i cane across this, I was starting to feel crazy. Started taking a beta 2 weeks ago, after one week i lost appetite, couldn't sleep and started having major anxiety almost to the point of panic. I was on 25 mg of the methoprop succinate and doctor said just stop, I questioned that because of everything I have read but he said it was fine, im 3 days out and having palpitations for the first time and anxiety....anyone know anything to take? benedryll seems to take the edge off but i cant take that all the time

• Posted

magnesium glycinate i hear is helpful. Im on day 28 and insomnia is my symptom from hell. Best wishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.