Beta blockers

Posted , 8 users are following.

Stopped taking bisoprolol 4 days ago because of the mountain of side effects started taking nebivolol at night feel ill on off though out the day ... change it taken it this morning and 2 hours later feel lightheaded brain fog and tired ....  can it really start that quick 

Had enough of all this 

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Gary. I have been off bisoprolol for 1 week. It's he'll. Took 1.25 mg for 2 weeks! Felt like a zombie. Did not approach my Dr, just reduced for 2 days then came off. 3 days great, 2 days thought I was gonna die, high hr, Anxiety, insomnia, tight chest. This is a serious drug.

• Posted

If it helps at All, drink plenty of water, take magnesium or eat magnesium rich foods, be prepared to feel ok then awful, this drug hides and hits you when you least expect it. Felt great this morning, walked to the shower and my hr hit 142 and my bp went to 148 over 112. Thing is BB'S block adrenaline reaching heart, brain, liver, lungs etc so it's about your body adjusting to normal as well as the poison leaving your system. Recovery depends on you, strength and length of exposure to the poison and luck!

• Posted

With u all the way this really is toxic .... I have now change to nebivolol 6 days in bad head lightheaded and no go what so ever 

Thanks 

• Posted

Hi David. I'm still feeling the effects 12 weeks later after stopping it and I only took it for one week.

I had seven weeks of severe fatigue and headaches. Couldn't really do a lot. Then improvement but a rapid heartbeat, lots of adrenaline rushes and anxiety. This has died down a bit(still can feel some adrenaline) but I'm feeling fatigued later in the evening.

it's been hell. Any advice would be appreciated.

• Posted

Dear Steve, can totally empathise, I was only on bisoprolol for two weeks, awful. I am now two weeks off and thankfully at a stage where I have gone good day bad day good two days and counting. It does get easier but it takes time and depends on the person I guess, some feel no withdrawal, others have a real tough time. I had rapid heart rate for no reason, it could go to 140 just walking to the toilet, stomach cramps like I was in the grip of a giant hand, tight chest, no sleep, wierd tremors in stomach chest and arms, tight throat and sore tongue. All I can say is drink plenty of fluids, water will flush the drug and slow your heart by filling your blood stream. Take magnesium supplement, I use a spray, this will also slow your heart and help heal your body. Eat magnesium rich foods, dark chocolate 80% is good. Eat healthy and keep thinking how better you are now than say last week. Try to get some exercise when feeling not so bad. The worst is the anxiety I think, it ties you in knots and worsens the symptoms. Try to recognise that it is anxiety making you feel the way you do when it strikes, think it out and practice deep breathing or distract yourself with something you enjoy. Good luck, I hope you keep improving
    • Posted

It also may help with the anxiety to know what is happening Steve. Beta blockers work by inhibiting adrenalin, they prevent the heart brain and other organs from having to deal with it so slow down the system. The trouble is if you stop taking them the adrenalin comes out to play again and your body has forgotten how to deal with it, our withdrawal is about our bodies trying to get back to stasis, it has to learn again. Plus because adrenalin has been suppressed our bodies have developed loads more adrenalin receptors to try to find what's missing so we are then super sensitive to the adrenalin when it comes back. Our bodies will shut down these receptors and return to normal but it takes time and is different for everyone. The extra problem is that this drug hides in organs, holed up in your heart, liver brain etc and will eventually be flushed out entering the blood stream and starting the whole cycle again, though it should get weaker and weaker. So the drug will not be cleared from your system in 2 to 3 days as suggested by the medical industry, it could take days weeks or months depending on your body

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.