big change... sertraline 50mg day 7

Posted , 6 users are following.

im new too this so any help would be great. iv veen suffering from social anxiety for over 3 years. it started when i was pregnent with my youngest son. i never did anything about it and tried to controle it myself... last monday i finally went to the doctor and he gave me 50mg of sertraline... the 1st few nights i could not sleep i was so scatty. forgetting things... now im on day 6 i do t feel sick no more but i dred going out of the house im more worried about having to go to the shop. (i dont no if this is because i sufferd from anxiety alot in that shop)... so i guess i jist wonderd if anyone can tell me what im up for in the next week or so as im going to see my doctor in about 10 days. Thanks in advance

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

i started on sertraline 25 mg couldnt handle the 1st day so i cut the dose in half the side effects aren't as bad on antidepressants it gets worse before it gets better
    • Posted

hey thanks for your comment... of you dont mind how long have you been on them?. i see it as a weakness if i tell my family... im normally a bright bubbly confident person. x
  • Posted

i had to come.off them... they didnt agree with me... sweating and keg pain and alsorts.. am on citralopram now and they are fine. hope they suit you better.
    • Posted

hi ... well to be honest the 1st few days was bad... i couldnt sleep i was spaced out but the next few days i actually felt okay! untilk yestoday all day i had bad tummy cramps im starting to sleep better too. thank god! x
  • Posted

Hi Emma,

From most of the posts and what the doctor told me it can take a few weeks to rebalance the chemicals or words to that effect.

I'm sticking with it & I hope you can and we both start to feel the benefits soon.

Take care & I hope you have a close partner to help you through this.

There are a number of posts from people who have gone through this and they are much better.

• Posted

Hi john... Thanks for your reply... i do have a partner unfortunatly iv not had the balls to tell him. iv put it off and off. how long have you been on these john. x
    • Posted

today is my 6 day also i have depersonalization which makes me feel in a dream like state foggy brain forgetful stress makes it worse but if u try not to think about it which is hard believe me its more bearable. i still feel a lil anxious at times but i take arivan if it gets really bad i hope we both start feeling better soon๐Ÿ’™
    • Posted

its hard for me to sleep at night... iv wonderd about asking for a sleeping pill but i have two children and i darnt take them incase somthing happens in the night. im normally soconfidant ill talk to anyo e but i cant now cos i dont know when its going to creep up on me!... have youbhad any side effects x
    • Posted

i understand rolleyes my anxiety has increased its hard to sleep alot of hrs i usually sleep 3-4 at a time. irritable foggy brain

• Posted

It's of course an individual's choice to tell another person, my partner has been fantastic to say the least, the ones closest can help you so much just by being there and listening to you, I'm day 12 and still very anxious but I believe I have to try to see them through and hopefully reap the benifuts of taking them as I've suffered for years without support so maybe a couple of weeks more is worth the other horrible issues it seems we're all suffering with.

Good luck all ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Posted

Hi Emma , antidepressants take a while to properly get in yr system, I no where ur coming from with the going to the shop but best way is to front yr fears and anxiety normally gets worse before it gets better but now yr on meds they should start working x
    • Posted

its so hard to face ... i no i need to but cant... i make sire i have the riggt ammount of money so i can pay and go! x
    • Posted

I'm on Fluxotine been on n off tablets as I don't like relyin on them but I'm not good myself at the minute feel spaced out and phisically drained but when I go to bed I can't sleep n when I dose of I jump up short of breath and trembling, at 1 point I thought I had anxiety sussed as I've had since I was 19 I'm now 35 and nope it's back with a vengeance x
    • Posted

oh god... its awfull you dont know when its going to creep up on me!... also when it happens i go bright red is this normall? iv not seen any body say the same thing?? x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.