big change... sertraline 50mg day 7

Posted , 6 users are following.

im new too this so any help would be great. iv veen suffering from social anxiety for over 3 years. it started when i was pregnent with my youngest son. i never did anything about it and tried to controle it myself... last monday i finally went to the doctor and he gave me 50mg of sertraline... the 1st few nights i could not sleep i was so scatty. forgetting things... now im on day 6 i do t feel sick no more but i dred going out of the house im more worried about having to go to the shop. (i dont no if this is because i sufferd from anxiety alot in that shop)... so i guess i jist wonderd if anyone can tell me what im up for in the next week or so as im going to see my doctor in about 10 days. Thanks in advance

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

That what social anxiety is, worrying about anything and everything when

you come into contact with people or even anticipating coming into contact

with others. The pills help, but they won't get rid of the worrying, that's something

you have to do.

• Posted

i dont understand... im such a confident person... i will talk to everyone and anyone... and now i cant make eye contact!? i have 2 children aswell i feel like im always on edge! x
    • Posted

Obviously your not as confident as you think you are. What is preventing you from making eye contact ?
  • Posted

it will get better u have to try and not overthink and add more worry which is hard i know also the pills will work smile u just gotta give em time u got this!💝
  • Posted

im hoping that I will start to feel better soon
    • Posted

i hope you feel better soon... i think i minght have a mild depression... iv jist lost my nana who was my world i saw her daily she was more of a mum to me my idol she was. and i have tooknit real bad when shes passed. i dont want to do owt im snapping easily and feel adjitated not my self. . . x
    • Posted

im so sorry sad i know how u feel i lost my mom 3 years ago and itd still tramatises me sad my dr said its normal to have anxiety and depression

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.