Bile reflux

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi

I have had a stomach/bowel problem for a few months now and it it just isn't settling at all. It started in February when I was having my period, I was lying on the sofa at night on my back and I had this very sudden rush of extreme acid into my stomach and chest area, the pain had me on my knees. I had no idea what it was so took painkillers and it went away. I had it on and off a few times after that but not at bad but went to docs who told me it was anxiety and sent me off with omeprazole anti depressants and laxido as I was severely constipated too. I had been constipated since Xmas time. The omeprazole seemed to work as did the laxido until I ended up more dihaorrea like so stopped them and became constipated again. Anyways, after 3 more trips to docs and 2 more different types of anti depressants which made me feel worse so I'm not taking them, I am now at a stage where I have lost 7ib in 4 weeks, (I was 9st 7 and I'm 5'8 so don't want to lose anymore), I am left to do my own research and I'm sure I have this bile acid reflux. I went to a&e last Friday who took blood, did a chest x-ray as they thought they could hear something on my chest but it was clear. They wanted to keep me in but because blood was clear as well they couldn't. I now have to try and persuade doc to send me to gastro but they just keep telling me it's stress. I am lethargic, starving hungry, I am anxious now because of all this. I have pain sometimes in my upper stomach area, I know have a hiatus hernia from when I had my gallbladder out 10 years ago, I keep sweating and don't know if it's the menopause or this causing it. I wake some mornings with severe nausea and my tongue is constantly white. The one weird thing about it all though was when I had my period at the beginning of May, it all went away for a few days and didn't need any mess and ate properly. Sorry for long post I did intend to try and keep it short.

Thanks

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Gosh Bella, you're having a really miserable time at the moment.  I have no medical knowledge but the sooner you see a gasteriologist (that's not spelt right) the better.  I take Omaprazole for acid reflux which keeps acidity under control.  My problem is different to yours in that I was left doubly incontinent after an operation.  I, too, have had a colonoscopy (two in fact) which isn't pleasant.  Anywasy, I hope you are referred to a gastro and do keep us all posted.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.