Bile reflux, gall bladder removed

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi everyone. I am writing to see if anyone can help offer some advice. Three years ago I had my gall bladder out due to it being inflamed. At first I had a little diarrhea and bubbling sensation on the right side around my rib cage, but eventually I felt better if I avoided fried food. Earlier this year I had to get a tetanus booster shot and a week later was given Medrol. A week after that I was not the same. I couldn't eat or swallow, my throat burned, my mouth burned, I felt nauseous. I developed yellow soft stools, and have something that refluxes up to my mouth. I developed laryngeal neuropathy which causes bad throat pain and the reflux sits in my throat and burns. It's three years after surgery and I am truly miserable. I have lost 50lbs, am dehydrated all the time.. I have been to three GI Dr's and they said it's possible I have a dysmotility issue, but no real answer. I wish that I would have never had surgery. Has anyone else had these issues? Anyone get better? I am so miserable I am just broken.. Feeling like my life isn't worth living. Lots of prayer gets me through each day. But I could really use some support.

Thank you

4 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Kim, I also had my gallbladder removed, with in 3 weeks I started having excruciating burning pain in my stomach, also with that bubbling sensation below my rib cage, I had several test done, everything came back normal with the exception of the endoscopy. it showed erosion in esophagus and stomach lining, they put me on acid reducer that made my symptoms worse plus caused side effects. I could not function. I lost weight rapidly, got down to 90 lbs. I was in hell for almost two years. The doctors started treat me like I was a hypochondriac. at that point I gave up on receiving any help. I slowly started to get better, but always had the bubbling sensation and felt as if I had the stomach flu 24- 7. I was functioning at that level for 4 years, 3 weeks ago it all started again, I am right back to a living nightmare. I believe this is caused from bile reflux, in which acid reducers can aggravate, and do in my case, but that is all the doctor can prescribe. the only possible help is surgery to move the portion the the tube that carries bile to the intestine further down the intestine. but the doctors have never told me that is an option. I researched it myself. but it is difficult to prove bile reflux. and the doctors in my town will not help me to figure it out. I hope you have received help, and if you have any solutions please share them with me. I'm desperate 😪

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.