bio identicals vs letting nature be

Posted , 16 users are following.

I have been on bio identicals, for about 7-8 months now. Ive been in Meno hell for about a year and desperately trying supplements, accupuncture etc etc for what ails me.

After being on these bio identicals and attempting to 'trouble shoot' them to 'get them right' after doing labs, im still exacly the same. 

Not balanced, depressed, and battling anxiety all of which have turned my life upsidedown. 

I do what everyone does but it take fierce efforts to get through each without exaggeration.

My question for those women who have used bio identicals..Do you feel its helped or not?

Im starting to think that for me maybe its not going to ever help. Im tempted to maybe let nature just take its course and run out all of my hormones and see if i feel better. With the bio identicals, i feel like im in a state of premenstrual syndrome x 10, 24/7. Just the real hormonally fragile, emotional, imbalanced feeling that we get before our period..

Im tempted to go off them but afraid that it could be worse without them?

your thoughts..

xoxox

2 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I’m sorry that you’re having a tough time.  I have been using 20 mgs. of bioidentical progesterone cream nightly for sleep.  I eat very clean.  Whole foods  and no packaged,  processed foods or junk food in general.  That being said, some women have it worse than others.  20% have a terrible time almost feeling suicidal, another 20% breeze right through it, and 60% have moderate issues.  I’d say I was in the 60% group.  I’m now post menopausal.  I spent nine years with my hormones fluctuating.  Keep experimenting on what works best for you.  Hang in there; this too will pass.

• Posted

I am unable to take HRT/bio because of a previous blood clot so i can only speak to letting nature take it's course, which is horrible. So many physical symptoms and the depression, irritability and anxiety are out of control. I have tried acupuncture which did help some but I couldn't afford to keep going. I'm somewhat afraid of supplements becuase they have side effects as well

• Posted

I am unable to take HRT/bio because of a previous blood clot so i can only speak to letting nature take it's course, which is horrible. So many physical symptoms and the depression, irritability and anxiety are out of control. I have tried acupuncture which did help some but I couldn't afford to keep going. I'm somewhat afraid of supplements becuase they have side effects as well

• Posted

Hi Edell

Im not sure how long you have been on this journey, are you taking anything to help you? I know, its a dumb question..

I dont think that HRT is going to benefit me as ive been on it awhile now and its never been right. Only making things maybe worse. 

Accupuncture does really help but it gets expensive you are right. Either way its a rough ride.. 

Im sorry you are feeling this way.

x0x0x

• Posted

Hi! I’m not on bio identicals, I’m on conventional hrt and it really helps me.

Maybe you can try different progestins to see if you feel better.

I find dydrogesterone too mild and I have no side effects.

I know for sure that we cannot fix our hormonal state as before meno. Hrt just helps, doesn’t makes things perfect.

• Posted

Hello there, Bio identical hormones are extracted from plants such a red clover, beans and yams and put into pills. The theory behind them are that women who have a lot of  plant hormones in their DIET have less menopause symptoms.

So the middle route between bio identicals and letting nature be is to eat more plant hormones in your diet and also avoid chemical hormones in your environment (as they really muck our hormone signalling up and might be responsible for some of the weirder symptoms you see on this site).

There are books around about changing your diet, or how to grow your own HRT in the form of sprouted foods which are the richest source of plant hormones, you can add these to what ever else you are eating. 

Good luck

• Posted

Thanks Julie

Yes this is good information, and its important to eat these things for sure. There is a lot in our

environment thats hard to avoid though, almost impossible.Plastics etc.

thank you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.