biopsies today

Posted , 8 users are following.

Well the gyn took two biopsies today. One on the perineum which was the whitest area and the other on left labia where skin was thinnest and a little bruised. 

Not pleasant getting a shot in the perineum. Have had an ice pack between my legs most the day ugh.

She seems to be concerned with the amount of skin changes at my age.

She is thinking dysplaia due to HPV or even scleroderma.

I really dont think I can handle one more thing.  I do seem to have some symptoms of systemic sceroderma so she is sending notes to my GP.

Shari

0 likes, 54 replies

54 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Biopsies aren't pleasant are they? I had two taken - either side of my clitoris - ouch! I'm going back to the hospital to hear about the findings next month. Their letter said Lichen Planus rather than the Lichen Sclerosus which my GP diagnosed a year ago. I think the hospital probably made a mistake in the letter or mixed up the results. But we'll see. 

Keep your chin up and look after yourself. The stitches and pain will go in a few days.

• Posted

Hi tbf

so lovely to hear from you and thanks for the update! Sorry that you too are not having an easy time. It seems to me that we are moving into a very positive place whereby as women we are taking control of our health....but more particularly here... as well as sharing research and what tests to request etc...we are sharing the healing and reversal of our respective conditions...and in any event experimenting. Not all the experiments work out brilliantly (!!!!?!!!!) don't mention the grapefruit when you next speak to sky!!! who by the way is in the process of composing a most delightful prospective piece about women's sexuality...lets nag her to bring it on!!

I wondered whether you'd consider suggesting another start date for the monthly fast? End of first week in October?? Around then? I'm just about to start a serious deteox....wish me luck!!!!! xxxxxxxxxx    

• Posted

Please keep us posted on how you are doing.  Two biopsies and a confusing diagnosis...you must be dealing with a lot with this.  
    • Posted

I sure do hope you get the diagnoses figured out. I know I may be upset for not doing biopsies sooner if they tell me I have something else.

I just read the notes from my gyn. She put possible CREST syndrome which is more localised scleroderma. I guess you only need two symptoms for a diagnosis of that. Will be seeing my GP next week to talk about that. Not sure if she will have my biopsy results too by that time.

I will let you all know what happens.

• Posted

Hi Shari--I also have bloodwork confirming antibodies associated with CREST syndrome. I'm wondering if they will confirm that diagnosis with the symptoms that you have at your next appointment.  Please keep us posted.  Do you know if they tested for the antibodies? I think that it is the anti-centromere antibodies (centromeres are an important part of cell division in our bodies). Seems like they would want to confirm that you have the antibodies, along with the symptoms that you have.  I'm so sorry!  CREST looks hard.  I'm thinking of you and wishing you healing!  --Suzanne  
    • Posted

I am going to insist on blood work. I think its important to know at this point what antibodies I have. I do not believe I have ever been tested .
    • Posted

Could you tell me about this fast?  Not sure i can do it but i am interested. 

Wilma

• Posted

hii wilma....last month some of us tried a fast for a few days...it was fun to make a collective effort! The happenings(!) for that event is on sky's thread 'about to try a little experiment on lichen planus and lichen sclerosus' .....updates for future fasts are on a new thread by TomsBestFriend...this month I think TBF has started early and I'm doing a detox...but perhaps we'll co-ordinate for next month?...end of oct/early november. Important to make preparations....we made a few blunders!! for example don't mention grapefruit when you speak to sky!!!!!!!!! xx its great to see you around on the site. there's another thread in the alternative medecine section which might interest you. its called preparing for a protocol....if you wanted to register your interest. i think morrell has an actual link. 
    • Posted

My husband and i are already detoxers if what you do requires grapefruit oil and epsom salts.  Not really good at fasting though but we juice vegies daily and have very little sugars. We have been doing quite a lot of changing our diet and do a fair bit of research on it. 

Really good to see so many health conscious people on this site. It just makes sense. Will keep my eye open for further updates on this subject.  

Wilma

• Posted

I love juicing too, Wilma.  I have a masticating juicer and use it at least a couple of times a week. I wish that I did it daily--so many good nutrients!  I do so much cooking now that I often don't want to stay in the kitchen one more minute.  I do wish that I had a cook to prepare it daily, though! smile  And you have a garden that must supply some really fresh veggies to juice!  Mmmmm!  That's great that you and your husband are focusing on your diets. I am too, and have learned so much, though I wish I knew it years ago as it would have made such a difference in my health! But, definitely better late than never!   --Suzanne
    • Posted

Yes Suzanne. We grow lots of greens and carrots and cellery etc. our main ingredient is Kale though. I would love one of the juicers you have but just cant afford it yet. Is your employement cooking?  I love to try new things in the kitchen. But now we dont do sugar any more its a bit more challenging. 

Yes hind sight is a really good thing but i dont know about you but i never really believed i would get old so never thought much about food for health. Lol. 

Good to hear more about you and your lives too.   

Wilma. 

• Posted

I actually have friends who fast regularly and swear by it. Will try find the thread in Sky's topic and read up on it a bit more. It sounds interesting thats for sure. Might also do a bit of reserch myself just to make sure its safe with my liver disease. 

Thank you for your response. 

Wilma. 

• Posted

oh liver disease...hang on wilma avoid grapefruit! sorry can't stay on x
    • Posted

Interested to know more when you have more time Marey. 

Wilma. 

• Posted

Hi Wilma--I don't cook for a living, but now that I eat autoimmune paleo, I'm always making bone broth, stir fry veggies, salads, veggie soups, etc., instead of frozen waffles, a sandwich, a handful of nuts, or yogurt.  I am cooking to live instead of cooking for a living!  smile  It's now entrees for three-plus times a day!  And no more fun baking, though some people on this diet do cocomut flour treats with some honey, I don't tolerate coconut foods or honey (I can do the coconut oil).  So, altogether too much cooking now for someone who never really liked cooking anyway!  But, improved health makes it worthwhile. I guess that I had to be forced to live this way because if I didn't have health problems, I'd probably still be eating sugar and processed foods!  Do you grow your own kale, too?  --Suzanne
    • Posted

Yes we grow nearly all our vegies. 

I was also reading that Auto immune Paleo diet and have incorporated many of her theories into our diet but living so remote we can't do much of what she says. 

Our closest major town is 4 hours away and our little supermarket pretty well decides what we will eat. I have noticed though lately we are getting more variety in meat and grass fed or free range meats. Have also read sweet poison and a few others along that line. Another is flour. Another product we are trying to avoid but hubby likes his sweets still so have to experiment. Have ordered quite a few cook books lately too. Its an interesting time we are living in now. Thanks for sharing with me Suzanne. 

Wilma. 

• Posted

Yes, indeed, it is an interesting time to live in!  Can be challenging to live more naturally these days!  
    • Posted

you are an inspiration wilma....getting into it all so easily!  So are you gluten free? That one change helped me a lot. Having a detox / elimination period to see if I 'm reacting to casein...I used to have a prob with dairy but thought I'd addressed it and was ok! Having fun with coconut milk however.....making my own from the creamed bars. x  
    • Posted

Yes threw away all gluten products. about a month or more now. 

Not very impressed with the substitutes esp when baking for a sweet. Just not the same. I think its what i need but my husband now has changed his mind again. Now he thinks is my gravy and herbs and spices that are making him sick the day after. I  am just going to stick to what i know  is right for me. 

Its so confusing the information out there.  He forgets any one can write any thing online. And takes every thing as gospel truth. 

So confusing. 

• Posted

don't you find that its the entirely different way of looking at and doing things thats helpful?

so not just substituting..but completely changng?  eg omitting all grains....and not bothering with 'gluten free' commercial stuff? its not whole food but more processed junk....?

so instead ....more veg ...smoothies with coconut milk and added greens...jerusalem artichokes and sweet potatoes...to accompany meat dishes...without gravy and just in their own juices....just think about the horribleness of that flour and what its been thro before getting to your gravy !! all that round up !!

what herbs are you using? chia seeds can cause some people difficulty...any of that gone in?

well done for chucking the gluten....do you think its helping? you got any good recipes ? xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.