biopsies today

Posted , 8 users are following.

Well the gyn took two biopsies today. One on the perineum which was the whitest area and the other on left labia where skin was thinnest and a little bruised. 

Not pleasant getting a shot in the perineum. Have had an ice pack between my legs most the day ugh.

She seems to be concerned with the amount of skin changes at my age.

She is thinking dysplaia due to HPV or even scleroderma.

I really dont think I can handle one more thing.  I do seem to have some symptoms of systemic sceroderma so she is sending notes to my GP.

Shari

0 likes, 54 replies

54 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

You got through it Sha! Well done ...was thinking of you!

I am so sorry this was very uncomfortable for you. I think you were very brave. Were the staff as nice as was possible in the situation?

Shari is there any way you can start a whole body cleanse? Can you take detox teas, epsom salt baths, and red infra ray saunas? Can you induce sweating as often as possible and do short bursts of cardio ....eg running on the spot ...up and down stairs....just periodic intense activity? This is something I'm working on. It helps to know others are having a go...but if that does feel too vigorous..how do you feel about yoga...or walking? Can you get out into the country one day a week at least?

Do you have skin thickening in other areas of your body Shari? This is something you were anticipating? Any family history? It doesn't have to become your destiny.

Some comfort and encouragement. You know that Suzanne also has this genetic predisposition? She uncovered this through testing. She is working on herself too to prevent the gene expression manifesting. It is enviromental factors which cause the condition to manifest. She is well placed to advise you about strategy.

Please know that we are all routing for you. 

Skin brushing is another excellent technique to promote shedding of skin which gets delayed in scleroderma leading to thickening. You can help promote this with dry brushing, massage, a wet loofa in the bath. Anything else you can think of?

You are sore at the moment and need to recover from that Shari....but don't look back. Look out across the horizon and see where you are aiming for. Take that direction. What is your vision? Where do you intend to be and how are you going to get there? What is the route? Who can help you?

Loads and loads of love xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Posted

I do not have thickening of skin anywhere else. I do have trouble swallowing at times and my mother does as well. Looking through the symptoms of systemic scleroderma it could be a possibility.

What are the detox teas. That could be something I could do. I do need to get back into my walking and excercise. I am working on healthy eating. Im determined to heal things in my vulva. I truly hope I can keep from getting other autoimmune diseases.

• Posted

yogis teas do a nice organic one ...its pleasant! Licquorice as well as the effective detoxers like dandelion and others. it is the bitters however that are needed to do the job!  check out your independent whole food shop or Hand B. Such lovely smells I find when going round. A non toxic deodrant is another crucial item you might like to consider...? I resisted this for ages...no prob abandonning the aluminium but other stuff in there. Just found a new one that fits the bill...maybe...will get back to you with a name. Was it Dr something? Organic and no nasties that I could see which was refreshing!

Lets nag each other about exercise...the collaboration gets you half way don't you find?

Hey great determination! Why not join us on the de-tox and short fast at the beginning of October. Tomsbest friend set the date last time...so maybe she will again? Our leader in that brilliant initiative of skys. Just don't intro grapefruit too soon!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hear your strength of purpose and admire!  I'm with you and alongside you. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 

• Posted

Ok Marey I will look for some teas. Will probably take time getting use to it , I only drink black or green tea.

Deodorant, good thinking. I just had to switch my teenage son to a natural one because he got contact dermatitis from the other brand he liked.  Poor kid has my skin issues and his dads.

I had an excersise partner but she has been busy. The weather here went from super hot to pour down rain. Really wish I had room for a treadmill.

I should try the fast too.

And I can't stand grapefruit haha.

Still resting with an ice pack today. Really hating my lady bits now, eek.

Thanks for all you ladies and your words of encouragement. Makes this easier to bear.

Shari

• Posted

oh well thats ok then....no grapefruit for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just don't mention it when you speak to sky !! Ha 

oh glad you're with me on the deodrant thing....its one of those we all should have quit a long time ago in keeping with the lets hang loose and go hairy look......?! if you're in to that!!  found it diff to quit and kept reverting ...finding improved brands eg aloe vera etc....but I was really a closet user...now I'm outed !!   I've been digging around in my bins to find the packaging for these various things(!!)...this latest deodrant is aluminium, SLS, paraben (a big baddy), and, alcohol free...its got various appealing things rose flower oil and extract...quite a list of florals ..but the more detailed list has a few unpronounceables which need a magnifying glass...but it might be ok for special occasions. One option for your son...who's skin is perceptive to harmful substances (a better way of looking at it !!) ...might be baking soda on an everyday basis? You put it on instead of completely drying off. Lush do a powder too you could tell him but it may have stuff in. Dr organic also does a manuka honey soap....which claims to be just that and glycerin...it smells great. The tea if you're wanting to ease in.... Clipper do an apple and ginger which is organic and has roobos in...so it gives you that green tea taste that you like and is familiar...it maybe one you might enjoy whilst introducing herbal flavours....and that might help you with more easily getting into detox teas? 

impressed you had an exercise partner...did you do burst fit? love the treadmill plan...but would you use it? think it needs someone coming to get you  and pull you out...but maybe you could report in here....atten tion !!

well you can have a bit more time off for your lady bits...whats your strategy...an icebag stashed with packets of frozen peas and a runner between you and the fridge?

• Posted

Shari, I feel your pain. You have plenty on your hands with two biopsies to heal. I just read a page about scleroderma. Geez, don't be diagnosing yourself with systemic scleroderma today! I can certainly see how a gyn (who isn't a dermatologist) might see similarities between LS and scleroderma. And even if she's right, there's a great leap between cutaneous (on skin) and systemic (in organs). I'm saying this to help you settle into simply healing the biopsy sites and staying calm. Stress is our enemy.
    • Posted

You are right Morrell, im not going to worry about it too much.  The other symptoms I have could be all in their own category and not mean anything more.

When I get the results of the biopsy , I will go from there. She did urge me to talk to my GP about my trouble with swallowing.  I never thought too much about it. My mom has the same problem and was told she had a crowded throat.

Anyway thanks dor your concern. My stress level is always too high. I have always been a bit high strung. Will try ti stay relaxed this week. I have to take photos at my neices wedding Saturday so need to be healed.

• Posted

I suspect most of us are high-strung, intense, whatever people want to call us. I have the misfortunate but handy stress monitor of hot cheeks as Stage One of a psoriasis flare. As soon as that happens I know I have to completely focus on settling myself. Twenty-odd years ago I did a one-month teaching stint with uninterested kids. My cheeks wasted no time getting not only hot and red, but crusty and painful and runny. Which made the gig even more intolerable. That experience is so vivid, any warmth in my cheeks tells me to calm down ASAP.

Shooting your niece's wedding sounds like a pleasant thing to focus on.

• Posted

So my GPs nurse just called to schedule an apt concerning my gyn apt.  Not sure if its about the biopsy results or about the throat thing. I havent heard back from the gyn, I wouldnt think biopsy results would be back yet. Idk I guess its good she is on top of it.
  • Posted

Good luck with your results,I had a biopsy  5 years ago which confirmed L S,but came back cancer free,so have been seen in Gyny every 3/4 moths for them to keep an eye on things x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.