Biso

Posted , 8 users are following.

Currently taking half a bisoprolol 1.25 and have been doing so for a few months weaning off them.....trying to but keep getting episodes of raised bests today 134 while at work. Saw Doctor. He wants me to go back to taking full tablet for a week.....surely that'll put me back to square one again.....

Been non them since Dec 2017 was on 2.50 but then 1.25. Don't want that lethargic feeling if I go back to the full tab.

feeling awful just wish I'd never had this

Any comments thoughts appreciated x

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello Trace,

If you up your dose you will never get them out of your system. My hubbies blood pressure and pulse went up when he came off them, our doctor said it can take 3 months to leave the body, which is pretty scary. If you want to come off them, you have to put up with withdrawal unfortunately.

• Posted

Hi Jen thanks so much. The Doc did say go on full tab for a week but yes after that week I'm back to square 1

Hope your hubby is going on ok.

Blooming awful things they are xx

• Posted

I hate biso. I was on it for SVT. When I went for my first ablation attempt, I was to stop it 5 days prior to the procedure. My doctor said to just stop it and that was okay. Well it was not okay. I went into full withdrawal. I thought the anxiety from the withdrawals was plain anxiety, so I was put on klonopin and trazodone. Worst decison of my life. I have done a 10 month weaning from them and am now 11 months post withdrawal, and still having withdrawal symptoms.

I just did not know at the time when I abruptly stopped the biso, that it was withdrawal.I will never believe what a doctor tells me again.

I would rather have SVT than take biso

• Posted

So sorry to read this. You really are suffering. Trouble is the Doctors just don't listen. My heart was 128 last week and 134 today, he said use biso as pill in the pocket and just come off them. I've tried that so weaning off on my own steam. Hope you feel ok soon x

• Posted

Also, when I was on the biso. I felt like a zombie. I could not get off the sofa. My feet were freezing, and my blood pressure and heart rate were so low

• Posted

How are you tapering? By eye? My best suggestion would be wean off with a milligram scale. Weigh your current dosage and just go down one milligram(weighed) every week, (ever Monday let's say.) I used a razor blade to cut off enough off the pill.

Do that until you can get off of them. This is how achieved completely getting off bisoprolol after 14 years!! All I can say is what a difference.

If you have any questions let me know I can help as much as I can.!!

Goo

• Posted

Hi, I'm cutting them in half with a pill cutter. I bought a scale from Amazon but it won't register, even though I thought I'd got the right one.

If you have a link or suggestion for a scale that would be fab

• Posted

how much did you cut each week and also how ashwagandha did you take , sorry for all the questions but Im just starting my journey , Dr should be held responsible for prescribing these pills from hell!

Thank you

JR

• Posted

hi

i cut mine down gradually from a full tab to 3/4 then half over weeks and weeks then 1/4

its the most awful drug i have ever taken.

even now, if i eat sugary stuff, or have adrenaline rush, my heart will stay 126 for the day.

i refuse to go back on them.

they have ruined my life

always here to chat

• Posted

i literally shaved some off when i was weaning so for example if the pill weighed 0.24 on my scale i would shave off a point every monday, so next week it would be 0.23 and so on. ashwaghanda i took once a day for a couple months or until i felt like it, it just helped my body manage stress a whole lot better. goodluck and dont give up.

• Posted

Hello , thank you for your reply , i an on 2.5 mg half a pill 5mg , Its so small , Did you have widrawls from the small amount you were cutting ? Also do you think I should I should reduce it by half of what you did since its not a full pill? Also what scale did you use , Or do you have recommendations for scale ? sorry for all the questions .

thanks

JR

• Posted

thank you for the great info 😃

• Posted

I had the lethargic feeling as well. Have been taking Ginseng and now feel great. Ginseng acts as natural pep pill. It speeds up the metabolism and off sets the reduced heart rate caused by Cardicor. Try it.

• Posted

Ive just posted myself about withdrawl but wondered how do people cope with heart beats of 140 plus

what tech did you use to bring it down my problem is when i first tried to stop completly as per Gp say so. I Couldnt cope with the anixety that came with fast Hr and pulse so made it worse

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.