Bisoprlol withdraw,any help please

Posted , 7 users are following.

Im A 54 YEAR OLD BUILDER HAD AN MI ON JAN 15TH 2018,SENT FOR ANGIOGRAM AT JOHN RADCLIFF HOSPITAL IN OXFORD,ALL CORANY ARTERYS WERE ALL GOOD ,AS IVE NEVER SMOKED AND BEEN QUITE ACTIVE.

SO I THOUGHT I WOULD GO BACK TO WORK I A COUPLE OF WEEKS,THEN THEY PUT ME ON THE DREADED MEDS,AFTER JUST 2 DAYS,I COULDNT EVEN WALK MY DOG WITHOUT FEELING DIZZY,AND MY LEGS FELT LIKE LEAD WEIGHTS,I THIUGHT WOW ,MY HEART MUST HAVE TAKEN A BEATING BY THE MI,EVEN THOUGH I FELT GREAT LEAVING THE HOSPITAL.

AT MY 1 MONTH REVIEW AFTER ECHO,MY COSULTANT AGREED THAT ALL WAS WELL AND I COULD COME OFF RAMPIRIL AND THE STATIN OF 80MG.

THIS HELPED A LITTLE ,BUT STARTED WHAT I HAD FELT SINCE THE DEPARTURE FROM HOSPITAL,THAT THE DRUGS,AND I MY CASRE BISOPROLOL WAS MAKING THIS NORMALLY ACTIVE BUILDER WHO WENT FROM 18 HOLES ON THE GOLF COURSE TO A NON BREATHING ZOMBIE IN JUST 10 WEEKS,SO THIS IS DAY 4 WITHOUT BISOPROZOL AND IM SHAKY AND ANXIOUS AND MY HEART IS A BIT FLUTTERY,MY WIFE GAVE ME ONE OF MY VALIUMS THIS MORNING AND I MANAGED TO SETTLE AND GO OFF TO WORK,IM DETERMINED TO NOT GO BACK ON THIS ZOMBIE POISION,PLEASE EXCUSE ME IF THIS DRUG WORKS FOR YOU,I AM GETTING MY ENERGY BACK BUT THE WITHDRAWL IS TOUGHER THEN EVEN THIS HARDENED BUILDER EVER THOUGHT.

I WOULD BE GRATFUL OF ANY ADVICE GOING FORWARD,I REALIZE WHAT IM DOING IS NOT HOW NORMAL PEOPLE ON MEDS ACT,BUT I WOULD RATHER DO THIS THEN BE A BREATHLESS ZOMBIE FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE.

SORRY IF IVE DRAINED ANYONE...

0 likes, 42 replies

42 Replies

Next
  • Posted

This is my story too, only it took me a long time to find the sites where others  pointed to Bisoprolol as the culprit.  Oh the fatigue, the lead weights on my legs, the breathlessness.  From being an active walker and shopper, I would just sit on a bench wherever I could find one, and watch others, too tired to take any interest.  My heart kept playing up with arrhythmias to the point where no drugs could control it and I ended up as an emergency and had a pacemaker.  In the hospital they wanted me to go back on Bisoprolol, but I felt I would rather take my chances with any other drugs other than that one and refused to take it any more.  I had been on it a few months ranging from 2.5 mg to eventually 10 mg.  So I went cold turkey and was so used to feeling bad, I didn't really notice any withdrawal symptoms at all.  

It is now three years later and apart from my ever present bad back, I am as good as ever and forget the experience altogether unless I read stories like yours where I feel such sympathy.  There is light at the end of the tunnel and there are alternative drugs to Bisoprolol.  I am now listed as Bisoprolol intolerant and it sounds as if you should press for the same label.  Good luck - fear and anxiety are your greatest enemies, don't let these overcome you...

• Posted

Hi Josephine 

I am glad that you came out of it successfully. I started having back pain from the day I started taking this medication but doctors said that it does not affect your back. Was yours upper or lower back. Mine started with upper which I feel everyday then yesterday lower back and legs

• Posted

Mine is lower back pain and sometimes wandering pains in my legs, especially at night.  I have never linked this to Bisoprolol however and I have been off this drug for almost three years now.
    • Posted

I have been getting lower back pain ad it goes to legs at night too. Maybe it affected something. 
    • Posted

I have a great wife and family,and they know i will overcome,but i feel sad for the people on this drug who think that after an MI,that its your heart causing all of this,i realize there are people who are tolerant to Biso,but for pitys sake,this could have ruined my life if i hadnt bothered to research it.

Many thanks for your reply,it gives me hope.

• Posted

Hi Simba. I am on day 3 without it ad this morning was a bit hard as I was anxious all through. Spoke to a pharmacist who told me that I was on the lowest dose 1.25mg and should not affect me. Bisoprolol would not give anxiety. Thank u for sharing your experience as it has helped me to know that am not imagining this. My heart been up ad down fluttering today. I am going to persevere until my body gets back to normal. I was put on it for BP which is under control without it. 
  • Posted

Hi my friend

lets stay in touch and hope things get better,it cant be worse then staying on it,my wife thinks im brave and full of courage,but im scared but determined .

Keep strong,i nearly went back on it at 4 am this morning when my arms and legs starting hurting,but  a valium and 2 paracetamols definitely got me a little level .

• Posted

Wow so this leg pain is from it too. We need to be strong 
    • Posted

Hi

They started me on 1.25 mg then after 1 week put me on 2.5 mg ,but i had to go back to hospital,because my pulse was way to low at 40 beats and my blood pressure had dropped away,and i was slowly slipping into a coma,so then they reduced me back to 1.25mg and took me off ramipril,this was 6 weeks ago since this episode,but 10 weeks in total since MI .

I agree with the other posts ive now read,its not the size of the dose,if your not tolerant,then you have no chance on it.

This morning ive woke up a little more energized and am going off to work.

How are you this morning ?

• Posted

Yes I ended up cutting my 1.25 into half and still it affected me. I am today on day 4 woke up a bit anxious but I am going to remain positive. How r your hands and legs. What does MI stand for
    • Posted

Hi Bongi

MI,is just  there med  term for a heart attack,Myocardial infarction.

hands are ok but still feeling a little anx and out of breath a little,and just so your not alone,i to cut my 1.25mg in half and took a half even at night time and it still didnt matter to the horrid symptons,and like you the chemist and my GP said that im on the smallest dose and i should be ok,but i know my body and i moniter my blood pressure and heart rate myself.

like i said we are the unlucky ones who just cant tolerate this drug.

Im not proposing that everybody taking thisshould think twice,but im glad i found out through thr internet,that one size is not for all,ang stand your ground.

if you havent got a BP machine,get one from boots or wherever,it can help keep you calm if the readings are not to bad,and also like wise,if there not go seek help and get another med .

im unqualified to talk about this , but like i said,i know my body is going through some horrid stuff at the moment,but i think i can stay strong.

keep me posted.

PS SOMEONE SAID GET MAGNESIUM TABS,SO  MY WIFE WENT AND GOT SOME YESTERDAY 375MG,I TOOK ONE LAST NIGHT AND MY HEART HASNT BEEN SO FLUTTERY,COULD BE PLACEBO EFFECT OR COINCIDENCE,BUT ITS NOT MADE IT WORSE.

keep me posted

Gary aka Simba,who is my blue russian cat

• Posted

Hi Simba 

How is your heart rate since stopping the Bisoprolol 

• Posted

How r u today. How are the withdrawals. I am on day five today.
  • Posted

It affected my breathing and made me feel like a zombie, I was on it 9 months came off cold turkey then went back on it again until I suffered a svt attack which hospitalised me so I started taking it again until I saw a electrophysiologist who told me to come off them because my bp and heart rate was too low.  I,m waiting pending a ablation if my svt persists 
    • Posted

Hi Ann

sorry to hear this,i hope my story dosent drain you at all,im going to get through this,and wish you good health,please keep me informed,its good to know people give a hoot for others ,in this sometimes harsh world.

warm regards

Gary aka Simba 16

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.