Bisoprlol withdraw,any help please

Posted , 7 users are following.

Im A 54 YEAR OLD BUILDER HAD AN MI ON JAN 15TH 2018,SENT FOR ANGIOGRAM AT JOHN RADCLIFF HOSPITAL IN OXFORD,ALL CORANY ARTERYS WERE ALL GOOD ,AS IVE NEVER SMOKED AND BEEN QUITE ACTIVE.

SO I THOUGHT I WOULD GO BACK TO WORK I A COUPLE OF WEEKS,THEN THEY PUT ME ON THE DREADED MEDS,AFTER JUST 2 DAYS,I COULDNT EVEN WALK MY DOG WITHOUT FEELING DIZZY,AND MY LEGS FELT LIKE LEAD WEIGHTS,I THIUGHT WOW ,MY HEART MUST HAVE TAKEN A BEATING BY THE MI,EVEN THOUGH I FELT GREAT LEAVING THE HOSPITAL.

AT MY 1 MONTH REVIEW AFTER ECHO,MY COSULTANT AGREED THAT ALL WAS WELL AND I COULD COME OFF RAMPIRIL AND THE STATIN OF 80MG.

THIS HELPED A LITTLE ,BUT STARTED WHAT I HAD FELT SINCE THE DEPARTURE FROM HOSPITAL,THAT THE DRUGS,AND I MY CASRE BISOPROLOL WAS MAKING THIS NORMALLY ACTIVE BUILDER WHO WENT FROM 18 HOLES ON THE GOLF COURSE TO A NON BREATHING ZOMBIE IN JUST 10 WEEKS,SO THIS IS DAY 4 WITHOUT BISOPROZOL AND IM SHAKY AND ANXIOUS AND MY HEART IS A BIT FLUTTERY,MY WIFE GAVE ME ONE OF MY VALIUMS THIS MORNING AND I MANAGED TO SETTLE AND GO OFF TO WORK,IM DETERMINED TO NOT GO BACK ON THIS ZOMBIE POISION,PLEASE EXCUSE ME IF THIS DRUG WORKS FOR YOU,I AM GETTING MY ENERGY BACK BUT THE WITHDRAWL IS TOUGHER THEN EVEN THIS HARDENED BUILDER EVER THOUGHT.

I WOULD BE GRATFUL OF ANY ADVICE GOING FORWARD,I REALIZE WHAT IM DOING IS NOT HOW NORMAL PEOPLE ON MEDS ACT,BUT I WOULD RATHER DO THIS THEN BE A BREATHLESS ZOMBIE FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE.

SORRY IF IVE DRAINED ANYONE...

0 likes, 42 replies

42 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi been on this 3 weeks ye legs sluggish ....... weak breathless head foggy plus bad headaches on 5mg thinking of coming of it ..... could not have the worst job in the world doing external cladding and feeling like this can't even work proper

I know how u feel  

• Posted

Hi Gary

what are you on them for,if you dont mind saying?

mine was a heart attack,but im on day 6 now off of them and im still feeling signs of them in my body,but already my wife as noticed i have more energy and the foggy head is starting to clear out.

i do say everytime that im not qualified to comment on others,but for me,its been the best and bravest thing ive done,because ive had no help with it from my GP,he just kept saying,you will have these side effects,but i still maintain the drug maid me worse then the condition it was prescribed,so why would i want to go through life like that.

If i was 74 and not 54 years old and just had to go shopping and a bit of gardening/housework,it will still be tough on this drug,let alone go on a construction site.

I feel your pain my friend,what ever way you go with this,good health.

• Posted

Hi simba .... I been on ramipril 2 years but biso 5 mg 2 weeks .... high blood pressure went stupidly high been in and out A and E ... sorry to here about ur heart attack plus the side effects of the meds .. u have had it hard my friend .

I need to ask had there been a time in the day u felt worst  for me I seem to take them in the morning about 6.30 by 1 or 2 o'clock I would feel washed out legs heavy lightheaded and more .

I hope ur on a good road to recovery take it easy 

• Posted

Hi Gary

yes i took mine early morning around 6am,and sure enough by the afternoon,i was running on empty,try to get a review from your GP,and see if he could drop your dose down,im a bricklayer and i know im better off the drug,but i can only speak for myself,i wouldnt want to play God with your dose.

I did try taking it at night,but still the same result,so its not like i havent tried to help myself,i do feel im better now at day 6 without them,then ive been since i left the hospital,im now back to work,and getting stronger,the good news about having a heart attack is the positive stuff,ive changed to a lifestyle of an athlete,fish chicken and no rubbish takeaways,sounds boring ,but im happy to be alive,so when i hear someone on site moan,i just smile and say nothing to them,but inside im smiling not smuggly at them,im just smiling because everyday is a good day.

Good health my friend,and i hope things get better.

• Posted

Hi thanks for that good to know ur on the right road and all the best for the future stay in touch on the forumĀ 
  • Posted

Hi Simba. How are the withdrawals. Am on day 6 but my heart still thumping. I am great full for life. Just pray that I feel normal again soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.