Bisoprolol 1.25mg again...

Posted , 10 users are following.

hi

i was on bisoprolol 1.25mg last year (new year 2018) and begining of this year due to fast beats. i eventually weaned myself off them; they are absolutely vile tablets. ruined my life. suffered awful anxiety couldn't go anywhere much, exhaustion, tiredness beyond belief.

I've had few episodes of fast beats since but today GP just said back on them just like that. Even though i told him about anxiety and everything he replied "its the low dose so should be fine"

had to fetch son from school as no family help, heart was going fast.

I've still not taken a tab, what a awful thing.

GP just dish them out but don't understand the long term side effects

i still get odd feelings in my hands, like numb feeling.

hope anyone reading this is doing ok. what an awful predicament to be in

x

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

great that you are able to start to come off it .

I am so thankful for this group and everyone sharing it as the doctors never backed me up.

I wish I can show the doctors all these posts that start with"Bisoprolol ruined my life"

• Posted

thanks so much.

yes good to share and talk, and actually be listened to. keep talking peeps xx

• Posted

by the way, where is everyone from?

i am from MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA

it appears BISPROLOL is not as common here

• Posted

Yes I agree it's very good to hear everyones history on bisoprolol.

I live in England.

• Posted

The doctor prescribed me Bisoprolol 5mg two pills a day for two to three weeks, then I started weaning a little until it stopped completely after less than two months and the symptoms began to appear. Less but still. Three months since I stopped taking this evil drug, the secret heartbeat and dizziness have gone away, but I still have a sore throat, suffocation, frequent swallowing, difficulty swallowing, and the ringing in the ears, but it became lighter, and when I asked the doctor, he told me it has nothing to do with this drug. I suffer from anxiety with Knowing that I did not suffer from such symptoms in my life until after I used Bisoprolol and stopped it. I am much better, but anxiety always accompanies me. As for pain when swallowing or pressure on the ears, but according to what I read here, I am not the only one. Almost everyone suffers from the same symptoms, and this is somewhat reassuring. I hope whoever found a cure that speeds up the withdrawal process will help us and everyone's safety

• Posted

hello, is anyone still active on this forum? i plan on stopping Bisoprolol soon. as i do not want to rely on this medication forever.

i am on 5mg. 2.5 morning and 2.5 night.

i have inappropriate sinus tachycardia but its not too severe.

before i started Bisoprolol in January my resting heart rate was between 90-101. whilst on Bisoprolol my Resting HR is 80. a couple of weeks ago i stopped taking it (weaning off over a couple weeks)

my heart rate has never been so high! i thought i was going to die and couldn't stop shaking with fear.

am i going to have to stay on this forever? i feel hopeless and don't know what to do 😦

• Posted

If the GP told you to take them because of a heart issue, then do so, BUT..

If it is because of anxiety. DO NOT DO IT.

i took those pills for 3 years, and finally last august ive been off. Heart raced first 2 weeks and now has been mostly fine.

Sometimes i still feel winded, specially after being still too long, or when i walk for long periods and do not sit and rest. Somehow i even think i am still taking the pills somehow (as i am having some symptons as if i was taking them still 2 months later).

But, like without those pills have improved a lot. I used to not be able to even wipe my ass as i would get super winded. Had to resort to normal wipe and then taking a shower/bidet (yeah gross, but it was that or not being able to wipe it).

Now its better. The only thing is that thanks to using that pill for 3 years, i think i am extremely out of shape. That pill put your body out of shape as it condition you to even being able to walk for long distances and have abnormally low heart rate.

You should also be aware that, the anxiety is also caused in part becuase normally if you dont have the pill you will get extra heart rate. So it takes time to get used to a normal higher rate.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.