Bisoprolol

Posted , 13 users are following.

Bisoprolol 5mg. I feel awful about 4 hours after taking these tabs. Drowsy and tired.

Absolutely good for nothing takes me all week to get housework done.

Had a doctor's appointment this morning and explained to him he said nothing

to do with the Bisoprolol. I asked for a change of meds but no go. Anybody

any ideas what to do now.

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I take 2.5mg/day and have found that it does not trigger my af to the same extent as my previous BP meds (Ramipril and Candesartan). I take it in the evening which made a big difference to taking it in the morning. I now have one episode a month against one a week before changing meds.
  • Posted

How would he know he is ot taking them !!!!

I had the same problem as you but was told it would take a bout 4 weeks for body to adjust to them, I then spoke to pharmacist who advised me to take it in the evening (I take it about 9pm) which I have been doing now for sometime and it works for me.

hope you get it sorted.

L.

• Posted

Bisoprolol makes me feel tired 😫 and slow too. Everything feels like a chore or daunting task. I take my tablets at night time otherwise I would be like a zombie.

• Posted

Hi Susan,

You don't say what time of day you are taking Bisoprolol.

I am on 5 mg daily and was prescribed this in Jan 2010 when diagnosed with paroxysmal AF. No change in my doseage.

?BUT - when first prescribed I was told to take it in the morning. I had a crap time with it including  nose bleeds (No nose bleeds weren't caused by the warfarin I am also on either. Went to my GP and did some serious table thumping and bellowing and she looked up in her book of 'Witches magic potions and brews' (just joking), and then said take it at night. I have never had a problem with it since and it holds my heart rate beautifully at 63/65 bpm and thats now some 7 years.

John

• Posted

Hi. Sorry you feel this way. I'm 17 and on bisoprolol however I'm only on 0.25 and I had the exact same symptoms. I had tiredness/nausea for a few weeks and then it eased and now I have no side effects! smile however, you may still get some side effects a few months on but don't be too alarmed unless it's affecting your daily life in a few months.

I hope it clears up quickly for you, just think a few weeks/months you'll much better smile

• Posted

Hi Susan, Ive been on Bisoprolol for 11 months now and it has the same affect on me. I take it about 6am in the mornings and in the afternoons ive been nodding off at my desk at work !

Ive not made any enquiries to see if there is an alternative but im sure there must be, Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.