Bisoprolol

Posted , 12 users are following.

I've just been prescribed 2.5mg of Bisoprolol to help with my SVT and I petrified of taking it. Does anyone else take it and does it help? Thanks

0 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I was perscribed 2.5 mg and was taking that amount for about 5/6 years. I can't say I noticed any difference, I'd still have heart rate 165/170

It was then bumped up to 5mg about 12 months ago, again I didn't notice any diffence.

I'm now off Bisoprolol due to having had my cardiac ablation about a month ago.

• Posted

Hi, I'm wondering what your svt episode feel like. I've had 4 episodes in the last 2 months of what im thinking is svt. Mine feel like a sudden rapid heart rate that tickles the inside of my chest then suddenly stops after about 10minutes.

• Posted

SVT can start as normal to increasing heart rate, it can suddenly go up high in a minute. You might have dizziness , feel faint, nausea. It can last anywhere from 5 minutes to hours. 

It can just come suddenly without warning. I would suggest you go to a cardiologist and have a 30 day event monitor put on you to get a better reading. 

• Posted

Thanks for the reply just had an 24hr monitor still waiting on the results but nothing happened when I was wearing it. I'm guna ask for a 30 day one. Just want to find out what it is. Do you get an tickling sensation in your chest with it because the first time it happened I didn't get it but the last 3 times I've had it. I'm just scared of what it could be.

• Posted

I had a little chest heaviness. The 30 day is a 30 day event monitor. 

How high did your heart rate get? 

• Posted

It went about 120-140 I reckon. Measured my pulse my self so don't no how accurate it was. I also got abit of chest pain afterwards.

• Posted

Does it sound more like afib or something. I'm just scared I'm only 18 and noone takes it seriously or even cares. Ever since it started happening my life has gone.

• Posted

If you are going to a regular physician, tell your doctor that you want to be referred to a cardiologist. Sorry to say that they are not taking you seriously. That is the way is was for women many years ago, as doctors did not think that women could have heart attacks as frequently as men, but that isn't true and they finally decided that women actually have more heart issues than men.

If your parents could maybe help you, by you going to the doctor with you? They might take you more seriously then. People don't understand the concept of SVT, they mostly think you are having a panic attack or it's nerves. It is a REAL condition and it won't kill you, but it certainly can make your life miserable especially if you have them frequently. I had to stop driving for awhile because I was afraid I was going to faint and have a wreck and kill myself in the car or kill someone else. I know my cardiologist says he does a lot of ablations on people your age, that is why you need to go see a cardiologist. The regular doctor can't always diagnose you without more tests, that is why I want to encourage you to see a cardiologist.

• Posted

You won't know what rhythm it is until they can capture it. 

• Posted

Thanks made me feel alot better. It just doesn't feel like a rapid heart beat. It feels like something else with a rapid heart beat which scares me more. Hopefully I'll find out soon and put my mind at rest.

• Posted

I started thid drug a week ago and the horrible side effects have been slowly getting worse everyday. Started with slight feeling of breathlessness but everyday tight chest has got worse. Starts exactly hour after taking tablet. Its so bad now i am off to dr tom. I have had upset bowels again getting worse and very noisy gurgling stomach and ache. At first my pulse and bp went really low but now i feel super anxious and bp and pulse higher than i am usually. I am on minimum dose as well! .def going to ask dr if anything else i csn try instead.
  • Posted

I have been prescribed this on a pill in the pocket approach, in other worlds just take it when I have an episode. Initially the cardiologist wanted me to take it every day and I said I didn't want to be taking a daily drug at 40 years old, so glad I didn't. My svt episodes have been known to go for 5 hours or more, but now I know my body more I breath carmly and strain etc and they go on there own. However took this one dose of bisopronal 1.25 the other day and it made me feel like a zombie for 2 days... it's such a strong drug!! I would recommend taking it on a pill in the pocket approach initially if its just for svt.. Who wants yo take such strong drugs everyday (unless of course its for another heart condition and not just svt.).. Of course this is just my opinion smile

• Posted

Hello, same here. Take a couple of 1.25 pills when an episode start. Did you take it again? My episodes also last for five to ten hours every time and I need a way out shall I just not be able to stay on my couch all day that one particular day. When you say ZOMBIE, what does it mean really? I still have not taken it 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.