Bisoprolol

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi everyone

Curretly on 1/4 tablet over the last 14 months been on 2.5mg then 1mg, came off but heart rate wentbuo to 126bpm. Currently down to a quarter and the anxiety is real. Am hoping to come off completely in a few weeks.

Still get few episodes of 67bpm up to 126bpm and have cancelled so much due to the anxiety. Some people do not understand why i cancel coffee or visiting and even a trip round tesco is a challenge as i get missed beats and anxious.

Hope everyone is ok. These tablets are vile

Xx

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yup, I agree. I was on them for about 3 months only. Started at 5 mg for about 2 months. Felt like death. My hands and feet were freezing. My bp and heart rate went down very low, and |I was also taking a bp med. The worst was the fatigue. I could not get off the sofa.

So I dropped it to 2.5 mg. Did not feel much better. The only good they did was help my tachycardia.

I was told to stop it 5 days prior to my first attempted ablation. I asked if that was okay to just stop it. I was told it is no problem . Well it was a big problem. The anxiety was through the roof. Mainly physical. My legs were so weak and jittery and jerky. I felt like a complete mess.

I did not know that it was withdrawal from the biso and thought it was my anxiety, so \I was put on trazodone and a benzo. What a mistake that was.||Withdrawal on these was done slowly but \i went through hell. I am now 14 months post and still going through waves and windows.

If I knew then what \i know now.

I did not go back on the biso. I told my cardiologist that \i would rather have tachy than feel the way \I did on biso

• Posted

Thanks for reply. Its truly awful.

Ive cancelled so many things even going to see grand daughter that her mum isnt speaking go me. Ive not told them. I just coukdnt face driving and sitting there, sounds awful i know but if you're on these you'll understsnd xx

• Posted

Why would you put on biso in the first place ?

• Posted

Woke up one night at 2am , heart was going 147bpm had a few episodes in the night previously which just then went back to normal but on this occasion it didn't hence hospital giving me biso. Had 24hr ECG all seemed ok on that but by then i was on the tablet x

• Posted

So have they suggested it could be SVT? They are so random. It needs to be caught on a ekg. This I have.

• Posted

I have waves of anxiety and am so weak. Doctor will not listen to me about my side effects. Says it is all anxiety from other causes. I hope you are feeling better. I hope to get to the bottom of this.Can't stand feeling like this anymore.

• Posted

I also wake up every morning with numb arms and a feeling of anxiety that affects my whole being.

• Posted

I've been off them for around 6 months already and my God I'm so happy, these pills are the worst thing I've ever been through and I've been through alot( was shot twice) and that doesnt even compare to these pills. I got off them by going down one milligram each week using a milligram scale. also was on ashwaghanda ( natural herb adaptogen) basically helped with side effects alot!! the weaning has to be precise or your going to feel any withdrawl symptom.

goodluck

• Posted

I'm afraid to come off. I went down to 2.5 and notice my HR go back up so I went back to 5. I'm going to try and come back to 2.5 today. My cardiologist said I can come off of them or stay on for piece of mind.

• Posted

Bless you. Come off them slowly that's all i can say. Hopefully I'll be off them soon xx

• Posted

You poor thing, they're the worst thing. Ive lost 14 months to these xx

• Posted

you have to use a scale to come off, try the wean really slow like I did, I cut off 1mg(weighed) every Monday until I got down to barely anything, have patience when you do.

• Posted

Hi i can't find a scale small enough. Ordered one from amazon the tablet didnt even register

• Posted

yes thats what i did a tiny bit at a time, Ive been off 6 weeks now and already seeing the benefits.

Wasted over 2 years of my life on these that ill never get back

• Posted

Your heart doesn't really miss a beat, it just does a flutter, which you cant feel, so it feels like it stopped for a second. If you could understand that it wont hurt you and its extremely common, then you could stop worrying about it. If you stop worrying about something that is so common, your anxious state would improve and you'd feel much better. My heart has been doing that for many years. It worried me greatly and the more i worried, the more it happened. After being told it was nothing to worry about I stopped worrying and it improved greatly. I was not taking any medication so it was nothing to do with that, its just quite normal for me. I only get it infrequently now. You're in a vicious circle of worrying and making it worse? Chill, you'll be fine.

• Posted

Ive had ectopic beats just under the percentage before they intervene withit. You're right and i do chill its just my ectopics were very high and so thats what happened to me. They intervene at 5% mine were just under that hence feeling awful

• Posted

Jane,

My hubby had a heart attack in february 2018, had stent put in, was put on this horrible table, when the side effects kicked in around 6/8 weeks later it created his ectopic beat. He had a defibrillator implanted in June, now he is having an ablation on Thursday. He was fine until the side effects kicked in and destroyed his health. Because the side effects were so bad, he had everyone and others they do not mention the GP said to stop it, no mention of coming off gradually, his pulse and blood pressure went up but did even out after a week or two. We changed our GP and the new one said the effects of this drug can last three months after stopping.

Tell your family the reason, you cannot visit, I was on apixaban a blood thinner and it screwed up my nervous system completely. If you explain about the drug and what they do it will help them understand. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi

Your poor husband. Send him good wishes for a good recovery. Its so tough isn't it. I actually thought i was going a bit loopy then logged onto here and all the advice and support have been great.

All i get from my GP is "well you're on the lowest dose, so there shouldn't be any problems coming off them" yeah right!!

Unfortunately because i cancelled the other day (due to flu, anxiety and generally not wanting to spread my germs) my sons girlfriend blocked me on social media and is not replying to my calls or texts so i doubt i dont know when I'll see my grandaughter again.

So upset. People do not understand.

Here i am a 40 something woman struggling to get around tesco because i feel anxious and ill.....

Glad to support anyone on here

Truly hope your hubby gets better soon

All the best xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.