BISOPROLOL

Posted , 9 users are following.

hi everyone

has anyone else experienced this - since coming off the above, if i go somewhere (like hospital or church service) my adrenalin is there but when i return home, heart rate goes up to 127 for no reason. Happened today, had hospital apoiintment heart rate went up a bit to 113 dropped back normal after then having tea, felt sick and thump thump thump 127......

these tablets have left my heart sensitive.

over 6 months off them.

tjs.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Jane, I don't have experience of coming off Bisoprolol but I do take it for SVT. I would be interested to know why you were on it and if you now take another beta blocker. I don't have bad side effects but I am always tired, a bit breathless and lacking energy and reading others' bad opinions of Bisoprolol I wonder if I should ask for an alternative. My SVT was not overwhelming and there was no suggestion of an ablation so I just keep taking the beta blockers. I was on Sotalol for many many years but apparently this is not a drug which is liked now by cardiologists. Regards Linda

• Posted

hi linda

was on it as one night woke up and heart was 147. didn't settle overnight nor next day so hospital junior doctor gave me biso

• Posted

Hi Jane, thanks for replying. Hope you had some tests and/or seeing a cardiologist. What you experienced sounds like SVT but it would be reassuring to have a consultant's opinion. Best wishes Linda

• Posted

Hi Jane,

When my hubby came off this drug his heart rate was all over the place, it took 2 -3 weeks to settle down.

• Posted

ive been off them over y months, suffer awful bouts and anxiety which ive never had before. hope hubby is ok

• Posted

We changed doctors Jane when when hubby was going through this, our new doctor said the side effects can last for months minimum three months.

I have got hubby off all but two tablets he was prescribed after his heart attack.

• Posted

hi JANE sorry hear about what you have been experiencing. it might also be anxiety, i had very bad anxiety when i stopped taking Bisoprolol. it would just come and i would feel like my heart was going to jump off my chest. i am fine now only left with EPTOPIC HEART BEATS after taking it.

• Posted

I went through hell when I abruptly had to stop biso for an attempted ablation.

The anxiety was through the roof. I had so many physical and mental symptoms. I did not realize it was withdrawals from the biso, and thought it was health anxiety.

I was then put on trazodone and a benzo.. Worst decision of my life !!!!!

• Posted

sorry to read this. its awful isnt it. ive gone from being able to go anywhere and do anything, to planning journeys cos feel so anxious

• Posted

I went through hell when I abruptly had to stop biso for an attempted ablation.

The anxiety was through the roof. I had so many physical and mental symptoms. I did not realize it was withdrawals from the biso, and thought it was health anxiety.

I was then put on trazodone and a benzo.. Worst decision of my life !!!!!

• Posted

I have been on a low dose for 2 and a half years. Has totally messed up my health. Doc won't even consider trying a different BP med. Anxiety is a constant issue for me and the fatigue is relentless, not the same person I used to be. It sucks that so many of us have had so many side effects and health issues from this drug. Wishing everyone the best .

• Posted

bless you, i truly feel for you x

I've gone from being a vibrant mum, and whilst on them, having to sit down after less than a minute of trying to do anything, weeding and especially kicking the ball about for my son; sat watching him wanting me to play but too tired to move. that ain't normal.

now i feel scarred by them - although off them constantly battling with anxiety, cannot ho too far always on edge, worrying about when out of the blue, the beats will go up...

i am not the same woman that I was 18 months ago

hope you're ok always here to chat x

• Posted

Heady1,

You are allowed to stop taking medication (slowly) and finding a natural way like magnesium. Sometimes we need to take responsibility for our own health.

• Posted

hi Jane

I have now been off bisoprlol for nearly 6 months. I can honestly say it's been very hard. Only about 2 months ago I was tempted to go back on them. I was going on holiday and the night before my anxiety was very bad my heart rate would not come down. I eventually went to bed and woke up feeling a lot better. The drug has definitely left me feeling more anxious. This is someone I never had before. I feel so much better now and only a few bad days now and then. The slightest thing I can feel my heart racing for example if I cant find my keys I get stressed very quickly. I have started deep breathing exercises and this helps. I would say you have to give it time. I'm so glad I didnt start taking them again.

• Posted

thanks for your reply teresa.

yes same here x

please can you message me privately the breathing technique you do xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.