Bisoprolol anxiety withdrawal

Posted , 7 users are following.

Well unfortunately here I am again. Now one month into withdrawal from bisoprolol and does anyone have any ideas how to cope with this insane anxiety that I am experiencing. Waking at now about 2.30am most mornings with shocking anxietyfor about two hours and the two or three session throughout the day for between half and one hour. I am drinking camomile tea and taking holy basil but neither seem to be do any good. Breathing exercises a little help but not much. I am only down to 1.9mg from 2.5mgs and reducing by 0.1mg ever 10 days so it is going to take me till early August to even stop taking this dreadful medication. Docs want me to go on antidepressants but then I will have to wean off those and they can still not guarantee they will help. Does anyone out there have any new ideas and would it be better for me to wean off quicker.

0 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

The doctor prescribed me Bisoprolol 5mg two pills a day for two to three weeks, then I started weaning a little until it stopped completely after less than two months and the symptoms began to appear. Less but still. Three months since I stopped taking this evil drug, the secret heartbeat and dizziness have gone away, but I still have a sore throat, suffocation, frequent swallowing, difficulty swallowing, and the ringing in the ears, but it became lighter, and when I asked the doctor, he told me it has nothing to do with this drug. I suffer from anxiety with Knowing that I did not suffer from such symptoms in my life until after I used Bisoprolol and stopped it. I am much better, but anxiety always accompanies me. As for pain when swallowing or pressure on the ears, but according to what I read here, I am not the only one. Almost everyone suffers from the same symptoms, and this is somewhat reassuring. I hope whoever found a cure that speeds up the withdrawal process will help us and everyone's safety

• Edited

I have now been off bisoprolol for 10 months and I suffer worse from PVC s than before I started on bisoprolol. I also had eye problems which has now nearly cleared and many many more side effects especially the anxiety which I still have on occasions. I think it takes a long long time for symptoms to disappear and some may never go. My consultant wants me to start on further medication for my heart which I know carries many side effects and withdrawal symptoms but unless its a matter of life or death I am not going on them.

Some people dont suffer at all either taking biso or coming off it but because many of us do the doctors and consultants put it down to depression and anxiety which we never suffered before so unless it is looked into scientifically I think it will continue with some people getting severe withdrawal.

• Posted

Have any of you experienced long-term withdrawal effects from Bisprol? For example, strings in the eyes when I look forward. I feel like there are spider-shaped strings while looking with fluttering of the eyelashes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.