Bisoprolol Fumarate

Posted , 10 users are following.

After a trip to A & E and short stay on cardiac ward, tests showed I had an episode of Coronary spasm.

I have been given Bisoprolol Fumarate 2.5 mg for this.   I am on my 2nd day of taking and I have felt a bit spaced out and weird.  I hope it will pass when my system gets used to it.  

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hope you have now sorted your problem with diarrhea and bisoprolol. I'm having same problem, had diarrhoea for 5 weeks after cardiologist increased my dose to 5 mg twice a day. Went to see my Gp today she is writing to cardiologist and in meantime told me to reduce dose by half. At first she said it was not a side effect of bisoprolol anyway was abl to convince her

• Posted

Sorry Angela, I stopped taking it as the cure was worse than the disease. When I told the GP how I was feeling on it I was told I could just take a tablet if or when needed and I haven't needed one for ages. It was just for occasional arrhythmia which I haven't had for a long time.  I am sorry to hear you're having problems with it but not surprised.  A relation of mine was on the team that developed beta blockers and when it came to his turn to need them I remember him regretting they'd done it.....

But if they save you from having a heart attack I guess its worth persevering while hoping they develop something that doesn't have all these side effects.

But if the choice is the tablets or a heart attack  I guess its the lesser of two evils.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.