Bisoprolol hctz

Posted , 12 users are following.

So ive been on this medication for 3 months now. 2.5-6.25 dose for high blood pressure. In 29 and is it just me or does anyone else feel tired all the time. Have leg cramps ( which have recently just appeared) and my hands and feet feel cold a lot!! I feel like I'm just being paranoid because I read the side effects but jeez its starting to get to me. Its helped my bp a lot but thats proberly because all i wanna do is sleep.. Ive read that just coming off them can be awful too. Ugh help. Anyone else know what I'm going threw? Its my first time on any bp meds and was told to go for a check up after a month but the earliest appointment i coukd get was July. 😞

0 likes, 45 replies

45 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Absolutely you are not alone!

It appears to be horrible medications. I have been reading the various posts.

My main suffering was tiredness, Insomnia, nervousness and adrenaline rush, mainly at night. 

Like Peter mentioned my insomnia is at the point that it affected my work and I was moved roles. Luckily I have a wonderful workplace that adjusts for me though. But disappointing after working towards my position for 10 years.

Unfortunately Cardiologist says it is best for my heart and is working. Its not working for me some days! 

All the best

• Posted

Thats awesome your work caters for you. Currently I dont work. I dont think I could its that bad. Why was you put on these pills? If u dont mind me asking. I havent met one person that's on them just for blood pressure yet. Now my paranoia has kicked in. Maybe there not tellinh me something arghhh lol

• Posted

Don't be paranoid, legally that cannot keep that kind of information from you if they are treating some sort of heart complaint. They must disclose. Ask to read your file if you have any doubt. I haven't as I am scared too lol... I tend to be a worrier 

• Posted

Lol same here. I wanna know but on the other hand I dont.
  • Posted

Hi There,

I don't mind sharing I am on Bisoprolol after a heart attack just over 12 months ago. I have muscle damage due to not knowing I had a heart attack because my symptoms were quite mild. I am young only 40 YO 

• Posted

Oh wow. That must be tough. You are young to of gone threw that. Do u smoke? Unfortunatky I'm a smoker

• Posted

Yes I was a smoker! I quit that day I had my heart attack and went to hospital :-) 
    • Posted

Don't know if you agree but there isn't much aftercare for heart patients once rehabilitation is over once a year get bloods, weight and blood pressure checked with the nurse that's it. I had an appointment with a cardiologist about 2 Months after the op and all he kept saying was why did you start smoking in the first place wasn't interested in how I was feeling, I felt I was wasting his time and felt like that ever since made to feel guilty about being a smoker!!!

• Posted

I really need to quit. Just another thing I can't seem to do. This whole thing is dragging me down

• Posted

It's not easy at all.. 

It was easy for me as I went into hospital so it was ok DONE~ 

It didn't take long to wonder why I actually smoked anyway. Now it smells strong, and its a turn off... I still have the odd occasional craving. 

• Posted

Hi jade, not any more stopped 8 yrs ago, 2 yrs later had the bypass apparently I had had a heart attack years before as there was a lot of damage. Don't whats best anymore, some times I feel like just flushing the meds down the toilet, it is just so annoying when nobody will listen to you.

• Posted

I feel the same after just 3 months. I can't imagine how U feel after this long. I almost want to cut the dose myself or stop but I heard that can be rather dangerous. Only problem is I know there going to tell me they put me on the best meds for me. Today I'm doing really bad. Keep feeling dizzy. So so tired even after 9 hours sleep. And my legs just ache so bad ill move around for a bit and then there start tingling and ache. Ugh. I know im moaning on sorry lol

• Posted

I have thought I want to do that too.

But please do not ever stop your beta blocker without consent. It can cause you more problems. Especially just cold turkey hey have to be tapered or weaned off.

• Posted

I won't. Just sometimes I feel like it. Today has been a better day for me. Little sore amd 2 naps later I feel okish lol. This group has helped me a lot. Thankyou

• Posted

I am so pleased that you are having a better day. I never understood what people meant by that until now, what a "Just having a bad day" meant and how.

Now I completely understand.

I am so pleased this group can offer some help. I am so happy I found the group also just to know that other people are going through similar issues aswell.

Have a good weekend.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.