Bisporol beta blockers side effects.

Posted , 9 users are following.

dear all,

have recently been diagnosed with heart problem and have been taking beta blockers,for a month.

immediate side effects were feeling feint when getting up,now gone.

new side effects much more severe,constantly having frequent very lose stools.

i now have very sore back passage,which is so bad,i can barely sit down.

GB

it has become very distressing, have seen doctor/various tests,but no real diagnosis.

has anybody had this,or similar,problem on beta blockers?.

regards,Richard

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi everyone,

reading these posts from early on this is such a bad drug. I had so many issues on the one main one being sleep disturbances.

so I switched to nebilet, I still have issues but im wondering how kind the side effecrs of withdrawing last for i switched 6 months ago

• Posted

Hi Spargo6

Yes very loose stools is one of the side effects of bisoprolol. I have been on 2.5mg for 6 Months and still have very loose stools and lost half a stone in weight. They are a nightmare tablet to be on and even worse when you have to come of them.

It might help you to go on the Health Unlocked site there are hundreds of people on bisoprolol and it may help you to feel better reading some of their side effects.

I found it also make me feel quite sick about two hours after taking it and some days I just needed to sit or lay down for about half an hour because I felt very ill. The other thing I found was after being on them for 3 months I was getting very anxious which I had never been prior to the biso.

Hope this info helps

• Posted

I really sympathise with you I think I am still a long way from the full effect of withdrawal. I have just has 2 reasonable days but today I feel I just want to go back on my normal dose although I know I cant as it will cause me more harm. Everyone cannot believe just one very small tablet can give such prolonged horrid withdrawal symptoms. I have a friend who was on biso for several months, his son in law is a doctor and said you want to get off these tablets ASAP. He stopped the immediately and never has any withdrawal or rebound effects at all. He cannot understand why I am getting all the side effects and feel like a zombie most days.

• Posted

i know how you feel. its a tough road...but theres positives .... i had good days and also days when i might have been tempted to take the tablet. easy to say....keep strong. the bad days will become more infrequent..i promise.

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth

Thanks for you reply. Have you withdrawn from bisoprolol if so how long did it take you and by how much did you reduce by each time. I have tried several reductions but cannot seem to find a happy medium where I get a few days that are good. The most good days I have had is 2 in a row but then the nights have been bad. I have even tried reducing bu 0.01 every few days but am still getting quite severe side effects.

l hope you are totally clear of these dreadful tablets and any rebound effects and you are now able to once again lead a normal life

• Edited

There are a number of side effects for me with bisoprolol that have been noticed since starting them a few years ago.

Cold hands and feet, not really a problem but still noticeable.

Tiredness and some lethargy. Need to rest more.

Looseness when I go to the toilet. Not that I need to go more than my usual one a day but it is more loose than would be expected. This can come and go and at the moment it is loose and has been for a while.

FWIW When I was on a different beta blocker (propranolol)that one just give me lots of digestive troubles.

How are you doing now.?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.