Bisto & Warfarin

Posted , 5 users are following.

How long was everyone on warafrin before having cardio version ? I was put on warafrin 4 weeks after the AF was diagnoised, I have been told I need to have my bloods stable 2.5 fir 4 weeks before they can do the cardio version , I have now eventually has 2 weeks stable but I am going on twoholidays close to each other , do you think I will need to start over again when I come back from my holidays , 

0 likes, 62 replies

62 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Bernadette hope your tooth is ok. I was put on my blood thinners straight away when I was diagnosed with AF then I had first cardio version 6weeks after. What do you mean will you have to start over again ?. I don't think they will stop your Warfarin bu you need to check. Where are you going on holiday you lucky thing xx
    • Posted

Going away for 3 nights with my friend to Spain *all inclusive * sad((((((( , home for 9 dsys then off to Tenerife 9 days later fir 11 nights , and in between my hubby is working at Gleneagles on my bday , cake fir one lol lolxx
  • Posted

I was told eight or nine weeks on Warfarin before getting cardioversion with it stable in the 2.5 to 3.0 range for the last  three or four weeks.

Mine went over 3.0 and the practice nurse thought that they would not do it but the hospital were not concerned.

You can arrange to have your INR checked when you are on holiday either at home or abroad. Your surgery will tell you how. A neighbour was advised how to attend a clinic in the Canaries.

If you are going abroad have you told your insurer of your medical conditions?

• Posted

Hi Glitzy & Derek , I have been at the warfarin clinic once , twice a week since starting , what I meant by starting over was ie , if I come back from holiday and it's went up or down will that mean I need to start from week one again , I haven't told the travel insurance yet I mean to do it every day and it's to late to call , I don't think I will get it checked on holiday I think I will pretend in normal lol xx
    • Posted

Hi Bernadette I'm so jealous your going on holiday Twice I've not had one this year are you frightened of flying since you've had this. My Consultant says it's fine to fly I'm just frightened in case I panick he also said half the people on the plane have got AF lol. What day is your Birthday on ? Poor hubby working at Gleneagles more cake for you yippee xx
    • Posted

I can't wait for them love the sun , we don't get very much in Glasgow  loll I will be 53 : on the 27 September  boo , I feel it now fir the first time ever , but not forever , I keep telling myself that xx
    • Posted

Hi Bernadette were just young gals lol I'm 56 and at one time felt like 96 my Consultant says I'm young don't  where he's looking although I do say myself I don't act and look my age. Fingers crossed I'm still feeling good for coming off Bisro and Amidarone cannot believe the change in me I think I've got my sparkle back lots of people have said so too.  I'm hope you have some joy with your medication soon xx
  • Posted

Hi Bernadette, Happy Birthday hope your having a lovely time and not getting too drunk lol. I expect your having a great relaxing holiday I wish I was on holiday not had one this year. Well it's been about 3weeks now since stopping Bisropolol and I'm still feeling great none of the horrible side effects,I will be seeing my Consultant in December so hope everything goes ok there I cannot believe the change I reaaly do feel back to myself. I hope you have been well too I expect the holiday has made you feel better. Have you ever been on a long haul flight I'm hoping to maybe go on on again next year I expect insurance will be higher my Consultant said its ok to fly only I get a bit nervous lol. Keep in touch xx
    • Posted

Aww thank you so much , the holiday was really good had a few drinks lol but what really made a difference was a week ago the  consultant via my GP put me on 1.25 of Digoxin alonge with the bisto 1.25 , I can't believe the difference , not breathless and I can walk with out feeling shattered , much the same as you by the sounds of it  great news from you the things that make a huge difference now , , never thought this time last year we would be discussing health problems lol 

I have a date for the cardio 17 November , I think Tenerife will be a dry holiday (7 days  time ) hubby will make sure of that lol ,Bernadette xx

• Posted

I should have said it has very importantly slowed my heart rate down , no thumping all night long xx
    • Posted

"no thumping all night long"

For some obscure reason that amused me:-)

• Posted

Haha yes , I had that thought myself once I had sent the reply , Explanation ,,,, my heart  is quiet now lol
    • Posted

Haha omg not a good time to be living in Scotland I hated that week , and I must confess if I had to do it over I would have changed my vote , no one is happy it really devided everyone , especially Glasgow . It was an ugly place the day after the night before , and no my heart rate at night time has nothing to do with the referendum lol lol
    • Posted

It has now divided English regions as well and has probably changed the face of Britain forever.
    • Posted

I think you maybe right , we need to wait and see , I think it may make a bigger difference south of the border xx
    • Posted

It would be interesting if Scottsh MP's are not allowed to vote on English matters at Westminster. There could be a a Labour government nationally and a Tory one for England and I just cannot see that working.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.