Bit worried

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi guys am new here

I started (citph) in Dec had a baby in August hit rock bottom with postnatal depression so went on to start the medication am so glad that I did I started on 10mg then up to 20 then out of the blue the cracks started to appear so doctor put me up to 30 nothing happened seemed I was stuck then at 35mg back to feeling better

What concerns me is in a short space of time I've gone up quite a bit and I am terrified after reading an article that the maximum dose of citphm is 40mg so what happens if that stops working like 20mg.

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Do not play about on your dosage as that can play on your body  and don't miss any dosage as your body may think you are stopping it and redrawal  symptoms may come into play.

• Posted

I went from 20-30-40 it's fine.  40 seems more effective.  Much less noticable dips in mood and anxiety.  Still have random brain fog but it's nowhere near as bad as it was.

• Posted

Hanneman that sounds encouraging

Can I ask u how long you have been on 40?

• Posted

since November.  I don't know if it was the drug or the depression but I did feel really quite fatigued for a while but that has cleared up since I realised I now have more control of my mind.  It's given me a bit more mental space to think things true which has been extremely useful.  Just trying to get consistent sleep now smile  tricky with small children though lol.

• Posted

Hanneman

I totally know what u mean when I was on 20and 30 I felt like that but on 40 I feel a lot more in control except for eating 😂 too and sometimes a bit disorantated but with a small baby of 7 months now he's go go go I find am able to enjoy being out and about without the doom x good luck with sleep

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.