Black things in my mucus

Posted , 23 users are following.

I'm a nonsmoker & 22 years old. From last December I am observing some black hairy things when I cough up.... I was given a Chest X-ray which came out clear  the doc said the black things could be dirt and I also had back pain back xray showed it was muscle spasm....  But I still observe those black things in my mucus... I want add I'm quite healthy and didnt loose any weight recently... What may be the reason... Should I conduct my GP again???

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

Hey I would ask your GP to refer you to an ENT.

I have these weird black spots in otherwise clear mucus- they almost look like tiny bits of black ink. they've been showing up now for 2ish years. I had sinus/septum surgery last Fall (for other reasons), and the black stuff I still happening. I also had allergy testing done prior to my surgery and found out that I'm allergic to basically everything.

I've been trying to Google this issue for months and had no luck, I finally stumbled on this site today and saw your post.

I was sick a week ago, and coughing up phlegm, I noticed the black stuff was in that as well. I finally called my ENT, and am going in this week to have it looked into.

I wish I could upload a photo here- I am really curious to see if you or anyone else have the same black stuff as me. The only thing I have found online that I think it might be, is Allergic Fungal Sinusitis.

I'll try to remember to update if I get any answers!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.