Bladder

Posted , 10 users are following.

Just going to let off some steam here!  Bladder irritation has returned.....needing the toilet all the time and just feeling miserable.  Going away this weekend and not feeling comfortable about it all.  I have been given oestrogen ovules to help and starting taking then stopped as worried about the risks.....started again though and just going to take as can't stand this!!!!!  I am right in the menopause so I know this is what is causing this.  Really hope the medication works. Anyone else have this problem? 

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Margaret. I also have bladder problems. I'm now self cathatrizing due to constant ureine infections. Joys of been a woman. It just seems to be one problem after another.
    • Posted

HI thanks for your reply.  Yes this business is not easy and it seems never ending.  Just have to get on as best we can. Take care.XX
    • Posted

Hi gill. What does self cathaterizing involve? I have trouble actually urinating although I feel I'm bursting for a pee most of the time. Do you have to cart tubes around with you?
    • Posted

It involves incerting a cathter in my bladder. I also have a cacrel nerve stimulator fitted. On bad days I hold up to two a and a half litres of ureine.xx
    • Posted

my goodness, sounds like you've got a lot to deal with. Thanks for replying.
  • Posted

Hi margaret04348,

I suffer with overactive bladder syndrome which started alongside my peri symptoms. The doctor prescribed oxybutynin tablets which do help me. Have you tried any other medication?

• Posted

Hi, Elaine no I haven't but think I may have to discuss this with my GP if Oestrogen treatment does not help.XXX
  • Posted

Oh my i do feel for you we love going away but something always crops up and i either dont go or go and suffer. I ask myself why is it i have 33 out of the 35 signs of menopause & some people dont get anything.I  came back from holiday last week with a UTI lucky it started the day befor,hope this is not the start of more symptoms. Good luck go away chill xxx

• Posted

Hi trudy. I know the feeling regarding 33 symptoms out of 35. It makes you feel like a hypochondriac .xx
  • Posted

My sympathies, I spent yesterday in the loo (well not all day, I managed to do something, but I lost count after the 23rd visit) It makes you feel so uncomfortable doesn't it.

Next time (if there is one) I want to come back as a man - if anyone is listening

• Posted

OMG it is awful.....I go then two mins later I need again!!! I just pray this passes for both of us. Look after yourself and thank you

for your post.XX

• Posted

I think I'm going to take up residence in our loo, lol

Take care

xXx

• Posted

Hi Margaret, if you mean the horrible feeling of always having a full bladder even though you've only just been I know exactly where you are coming from, seems it is a sympton of vaginal atrophy.  I was prescribed amitriptylene and it was brilliant.  It deals with nerve pain in low doses.

• Posted

Hi, yes I have heard of that treatment and may follow up if current situation does not improve.  Thank you.XX (yes it is that horribe feeling)!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.