Bladder Neck Incision - Your experience?

Posted , 16 users are following.

Hello. I will have BNI - bladder neck incision in the next few weeks. Reasons are: Frequency without a lot urine in, low stream of urine. Please, share your experience Post-Surgery 😃 thank you!

3 likes, 67 replies

67 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

How are you doing now, Pav?

• Posted

Depends of the day.

I just started no-fap, for now 1 month on it. I stopped acupuncture. Bladder is crazy now.. at work frequency keeps 2,5-3 hrs as i walk a lot, when im back home it gets worse. But it's improvement in comparison what was before. I started gym as well 3 times weekly.

Volume of urine without change.

• Posted

An important question I forgot to ask, how much water do you drink per day?

• Posted

Hey there my friend

Did your doctor talk to you about how many he is going to do. Have you talked about Retro Ejaculation

Most of the time if they only do 1 cut you will not get retro but if they do 2 to 3 you will end up wit retro. Is that a concern of yours. Do talk to the doctor. Have them do 1 at either 5 or 7. If it does not work you can also have the other done. Once it is done you can't go back

Good luck....Also it can take 6 to 8 week to heal.......Ken

• Posted

Now i'm experiencing very slow flow, but very wide. Any ideas?

• Posted

Hello pav886, how are you doing now? Are you still on medication?

• Posted

I'm not on mediaction since.. 5 months?

Bladder spasms are here, still. frequency is still here. Urgency ocassionaly, not as it was before. You can hold it. A little bit of pain is still here as well.

To be honest, i have pretty good days (2-3 hrs between), and s****y ones with 30 mins-1hrs frequency. Flow is changing, depends of the day. Maybe because i drink cola, and stuff that has caffeine in it, but even if i put it away, there is not change in symptoms. It changes by it's own, doesn't matter what i do or i'm doing.

You just.. do your job, and your bladder is going crazy with frequency, flow or urgency.

I started gym, and it helps sometimes by reducing these symptoms.

About sex - erection is strong, ejaculation - reduced, but sometimes not really. Depends of the day.

I cannot say more, I will give myself some time, as I've been in the previous condition for 11 years, and i'm pretty sure it will take some time to get back where I was before, IF i will be able to.. If not.. life. I will try to do the best what I can, and stay patient. I have tough days where my psycho is not really good because of that, but I'm holding on. I've lost 11 years of my life, because i was isolating myself, "thanks to" bladder neck narrowing, and doctor which told me

"you're young' it's your nature, I don't see any basement to send you on further examinations"

Well, I earned money and I checked it by myself long time after that.. and now I know everything. Trust no one, always go to few doctors and seek out for any different point of view and advices.

Thanks for checking this thread, I will keep on updating it, but not as frequently as before, as nothing happens so far.

• Posted

Give us an update Pav. How are you doing now?

• Posted

Hi all - has anyone got experience of

1. how long/days it takes for Betmiga (Mirabrgron) to work and
    2. if they take it with either with Tamsulosin and/or Solifenacin,

thankyou for reading

• Edited

Hi there guys,

not as I would like to be, but..

• bladder spasm almost gone
    • stinging pain in bladder almost gone (now, very rarely occuring)
    • frequency from 50 mins to 2 hours, sometimes getting worse after caffeine (volume not changed)

2 days ago i saved guy from choking.. I was sh*tting my pants and that was very emotional night and half of the day, i couldn't sleep and was peeing every 10-15 minutes. After i calmed down im back to 50 minutes - 2 hours.

However since month 9 i felt a little bit better.

To the buddy asking about betmiga.. There is no rule. For some immadietly, for others you have to take it at least month. If it's about tamsusolin I felt relieved after few days for some time. After all it stopped working.

• Posted

for sure walking a lot helps me A LOT.

• Posted

Thought I'd share my experience. I'm in my mid 30s with a 35g prostate and small median lobe. BPH early in life runs in my family, so I knew it was comine. I had been having increasing issues over the past 2-3 years with frequency, hesitancy, weak stream, and (more recently) bladder spasms and lower abdominal pain. I had undergone urodynamics which showed I was retaining around 175mL and having bladder spasms. Over the past 1-2 years I've been through 3 alpha blockers (tamsulosin and afluzosin caused terrible sinusitis to the point my teeth hurt, and I currently take terazosin) and finasteride (used it for 9 months, caused asthenia and fatigue, dropped PSA by 30-40% but didn't change BPH symptoms). I've h ad to CIC a couple times because of pain/fear of retention. I have been following with my urologist for the past year and considered Rezum, Urolift, TUIP, and TURP. Read all the studies I could find on BPH surgical interventions and finally settle on TUIP given how long it has been around, the level of improvement in the studies, and the relatively low incidence of serious side effects. I was more worried about bleeding risk and infections. Retrograde ejaculation was never really a concern for me or my wife.

Anyhow decided on the TUIP and had the procedure completed around 5 weeks ago. Had some mild anxiety leading up to the operation, but after the alprazolam kicked in I don't really remember much. I had general anesthesia for the procedure and it took around 25 minutes. Surgeon said he went from the bladder neck at the 6oclock position, down to the capsule of the prostate, and down the urethra to just before the verumontanum (as to preserve the ejaculatory ducts). I was able to immediately void following the procedure and left the hospital same day without a catheter. Urinary symptoms were immediately improved. I took Bactrim for a week and pyridium for 2 weeks. The burning was intense at times, but honestly much more palatable than bladder spasms. I had a follow-up with my urologist at week 3 and PVR was 0. I had one and off bleeding with occasional clots for the first 4 weeks. Over the past week the bleeding has all but stopped with only an occasional red tinge to my urine in the morning. My nocturia has decreased from 3-4 times per night to 0-1. I'm actually able to sleep, which my god! is amazing! I continue to have pain, especially in my perineal area and if I don't keep hydrate will have burning in my urethra that radiates to the tip of my penis. This can be particularly uncomfortable, but drinking a lot of water seems to help (seems related to the size of the void). My bladder is still not 100%, but I was told this can take many months to go back to normal. In the late evening, when I tend to hydrate less, I feel the urge to urinate and if I try to urinate I will void a small amount and then get shooting pain down the urethra to the tip of my penis. Over the past week, I have noticed I am having a weaker stream (taking longer to completely void). I'm not sure what to make of this yet, but it is a bit worrisome. The good news I expeirenced no retrograde ejaculation and erections seem to have improved since the surgery. I am concerned about the longevity of the procedure, but overall things have improved quite a bit from where I was. Here's to hoping things remain good or improve over the next several months.

• Posted

Hello there, how are u doing now? Hope everything is working well for you.

I'm scheduled to undergo TUIP on first week of April next month, honestly im kind of scared on

the recovery period.

• Posted

Things are okay. The pain with urination has resolved and no recent bleeding. I still have occasional bladder spasms that tend to happen after I void. The doc said this would take months to fully get better, but they can be painful at times (lower abdominal cramping with pain to the hips). I'm getting up to void once per night. I still have the obstructive voiding pattern (ie. starts out strong for a several seconds, abruptly drops in rate and then it's a slow drain for a long time).

I started exercising again last week and my goodness! any sort of squatting or lifting more than 40-50lb causes a lot of pain in the perineal area. Maybe I just need to take it a bit slower.

I hope your TUIP goes well. Just make sure you take all of the pyridium and antibiotic. And take it slow. If I were doing it again I would take at least 2 weeks off of work. The pyridium causes your urine to stain everything it touches which can be a mess at work, especially with urinals.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply il let u know once im done and keep updating if u get the chance. Wonder how pav the owner of this thread is doing now? My original schedule was February 16 but got canceled coz ive got covid positive Feb 10 lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.