Bladder prolapse

Posted , 7 users are following.

Could anyone tell me what does a bladder prolapse feel like, can you feel the bladder dropping down through the vagina

Any information would be appreciated.

0 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I just felt like there was a soft ball inside the vagina that I could feel a bit when walking. On the days I could feel it, an application of Replens sorted it. That was how it was for about 5 years until I started brisk walking every day in an effort to lose wait and the ball got bigger and dropped down to nearer the entrance which was uncomfortable. I had a tvh and anterior repair 1 year 7 months ago which has left me with a grade 1 cyctocele which cannot be improved at the moment.

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply.

Thats exactly what it feels like for me, as though I have a ball in my vagina.

Last night in the shower I thought I would have a feel, and I can feel a soft lump inside my vagina so I assume its the bladder, I have been having a problem when I pee, been getting a strange sound, Doctor arranged a ultra sound for Sunday, I am wondering if it will pick it up, but I will arrange to see my GP after the ultra sound and tell him.

I have lost over two and a half stone, so maybe this has caused the problem.

Had a hysterectomy years ago, so I was suprised that the bladder could push down through into the vagina, I had the cervix removed, and the top of the vagina is sewn across.

Any information will help me thank you.

• Posted

Congratulations on losing the weight, wish I could lose some.

The surgery is done vaginally, some tissue is taken from the front and lots of stitches are put in to try and strengthen the area. When the stitches dissolve and scar tissue is formed, the hope is that this will hold the bladder back. I did not have any problems immediately after the surgery, very little pain no tiredness or difficulty moving around when I got home. I was really worried about the journey home sitting in the car after the op but it was fine. I never had an ultrasound so don't know if that will show up a cyctocele. I was offered a pessary ring to try but chose to go straight on with the surgery.

I am 63 and after reading a lot of other people's experiences of the op after the menopause, there is a high chance it will fail as the tissues are weak and just stretch again. If my cyctocele gets worse I will try the pessary this time before opting for surgery again.

• Posted

Hi Anne

Just give you an update, saw gp yesterday she did internal and also with spectrum, she made me cough, she said she is 99% certain I have a small bowel prolapse, but I have to go back and see another gp and she will confirm thats what it is, she said she dont think it will need anything done to it, if anything just a pessary ring, she managed to push it back.

So I was relieved, I am 77 so dont think I could stick any major surgery, I have already had a hysterectomy and spinal surgery.

Any comments would be nice.

• Posted

That's fantastic news! I'm so glad you won't have to go through surgery. I can't comment about a pessary as I never had one, but it seems like they are very manageable. Best of luck to you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.