Bladder weakness after posterior repair

Posted , 9 users are following.

I was convinced I had a urine infection but the doctor has ruled that out so now I'm worried something has gone wrong after my posterior repair

I have no pain or discomfort but when I need to pee i get very little warning and then struggle to hold it in

Has this happened to anyone else? I'm 5 weeks post posterior op

The doctor has told me to continue with my pelvic floor exercises and to tell the consultant on my follow up.

Thanks

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Can I ask linda dud your doctor send a mid stream urine sample off to the lab to be tested for culture and sensitivity?
  • Posted

Hi Matron, yes he sent it off but all has come back clear. He said there were lots of white cells but that wouldn't be concerning due to the recent op x

• Posted

White cells indicate infection and I don't like disagreeing with doctors but taking your symptoms into consideration I would have thought antibiotics would be prescribed. They would if you were an inpatient.

• Posted

I am also post op and having problems with bladder. The  GP has given me a course of antibiotics but results of urine test will not be back till Monday. I expect you are just as fed up with running to the toilet as i am. I dare not go out! I am seven weeks post op and when I need to pass urine a trickle comes out and then I have press on perineum for another lot to gush out!. By the time i have washed my hands and gone downstairs i feel like I need to go again. Did GP examine you? I was worried that my posterior repair had failed but she said it looked ok. However I still have a bladder prolapse-Ugh! I bet like me you did not anticipate how long a recovery it was going to be. Good luck with getting sorted
    • Posted

Sounds just like me! I'm back at work Monday and genuinely worried I might have an accident, I've spent ages planning in my head where the toilets are in each part of the building I might be in sad

• Posted

Try TENA lady! A must if you're at work or out somewhere there's no loo. Loads of women have to use them. I have for some time. on waiting list at mo for surgery. rolleyes

• Posted

Hi Linda,

I always thought white blood cells means bacteria? Thats what my doctor to!d mean last time I had one. I been taking d mannose powder and no infection since. I do take vagifem also to help with tissue health. X

• Posted

Not necessarily. White blood cells are present if there's infection OR inflammation present. D Mannose isn't recommended for everyone and it should be discussed with a pharmacist or doctor first.

• Posted

Agreed my white cells were through the roof after my surgery
    • Posted

This is just my experience and its been marvellous foir me.. It can only be bought from a health shop.my doctor has never heard of it. I always do my research first before using any health product..just my experience anyway ladies and its worked wonders.x
    • Posted

I would expect that steph with all that cutting and stitching 😂 I can remember the days when we didn't discharge patients until they'd had a blood test and their white cell count was within normal limits (those were the days) xx

• Posted

There are some concerns about D Mannose because it can cause kidney problems and affect blood sugar control so it's unsuitable for diabetics however health food staff don't inform customers of these side effects. I'm surprised your GP has not heard about it because this information has been documented in the British Medical Journal amongst other professional journals. xx

• Posted

Really matron... I will contact the store about these side effect's and do more research. No my doctor looked miffed by it.say no more lol.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.